I filed a Malpractice Suit - Cut BILE Duct

This is a discussion on I filed a Malpractice Suit - Cut BILE Duct within the Medical Malpractice forum, part of the HEALTHCARE LAW & MALPRACTICE category; West Virginia - I had a surgeon cut bile duct when removing my gall bladder. I filed the paperwork before ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #1

Confused I filed a Malpractice Suit - Cut BILE Duct

West Virginia - I had a surgeon cut bile duct when removing my gall bladder. I filed the paperwork before the two years was up, however I could not find anyone local to take the case. The surgeon is affilated with our local college and I do believe that was part of it. He sent me home in terrible pain and with me telling him something was wrong. He said I was being a baby and just couldn't handle pain. About 5 months before I had open heart surgery so I know severe pain and could handle it which I told him to no avail. 2 days later I had to make him pre-admit me to the hospital. Then it was 2 more days before they discovered what he did. I was in unbearable pain and almost died due to the bile getting in my body. This has been 9 years ago. With the paperwork filed before the 2 years was up suing him for malpractice could I still find someone to go forward on this? Any legal advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
NoHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: I filed a Malpractice Suit - Cut BILE Duct

What was it you filed? Normally any case would have to be active to prolong your right to sue.

There are so many malpractice lawyers that would take a case where true negligence is shown--what was the issue here that caused them not to take the case or sue?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1532 times