Mobile home driveway damaged repair refused.

This is a discussion on Mobile home driveway damaged repair refused. within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; I live in Indianapolis,In.; in a mobile home park for 11 years. The curb which is part of the ramp ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1
theusmale2's Flag is: United States

Unhappy Mobile home driveway damaged repair refused.

I live in Indianapolis,In.; in a mobile home park for 11 years. The curb which is part of the ramp into my driveway is crumbing away but was still usable. The Park located a new home across the street and in doing so the crew drove (with a semi truck and mobile home) over many of the sidewalks & driveways of adjacent property's causing many chunks of concrete to pop out (mine included), some just broke off and they left it that way. After this occurred, on day three I spoke to the property manager and reminder her of the situation. She said "Oh that is what is laying in the street at your home." (Acknowledging our property only). I told her it was 6 inch's straight up to reach my driveway so I had placed a bag of sand there so I could get into my driveway and then asked her when they could repair it (this missing chunk is 2 1/2 ft long) She stated "There are no funds in this months budget to do it this month ,maybe in another month or two we might do it then, that's all I can tell you for now." and left me hanging. didn't even offer any kind of maintenance of any kind. Is their anything I can do to make her repair this? My rental fee is around $400 monthly and there are 300 propertys here. help.
theusmale2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Mobile home driveway damaged repair refused.

I wish to inform you that you may give a written notice to the property manager. If she does not resolve the matter, you may file a lawsuit with a prayer to the court to order the property manager to carry out the repairs. You may claim costs. You may show photographs of the damage caused to the sidewalk. Your neighbors may give evidence in your support. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Can you take a picture and link it, so we can see what we are talking about?
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by theusmale2 View Post
I live in Indianapolis,In.; in a mobile home park for 11 years. The curb which is part of the ramp into my driveway is crumbing away but was still usable. The Park located a new home across the street and in doing so the crew drove (with a semi truck and mobile home) over many of the sidewalks & driveways of adjacent property's causing many chunks of concrete to pop out (mine included), some just broke off and they left it that way. After this occurred, on day three I spoke to the property manager and reminder her of the situation. She said "Oh that is what is laying in the street at your home." (Acknowledging our property only). I told her it was 6 inch's straight up to reach my driveway so I had placed a bag of sand there so I could get into my driveway and then asked her when they could repair it (this missing chunk is 2 1/2 ft long) She stated "There are no funds in this months budget to do it this month ,maybe in another month or two we might do it then, that's all I can tell you for now." and left me hanging. didn't even offer any kind of maintenance of any kind. Is their anything I can do to make her repair this? My rental fee is around $400 monthly and there are 300 propertys here. help.

Who employed the crew? Was the crew that tore up the driveway employees directly of the management company or landlord? Or was it a private company? That would determine who has liability to fix it.

Written demand needs to be made upon the management company or sub contractor who moved the mobile home -- preferably both. With notice that it; makes access difficult, is resulting in damage to your vehicle if such is the case -- and with a demand for it to be fixed in a time certain.

If they fail to do so, give a satisfactory reply, then post back.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
driveway damage, mobile home, trailer park

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 510 times