WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues > Family eviction no lease... How can I legally do this in the state of Florida?

Family eviction no lease... How can I legally do this in the state of Florida?

This is a discussion on Family eviction no lease... How can I legally do this in the state of Florida? within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; My 38 year old daughter and her two children 9 and 12 have been living here for a few months. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #1
Roseladyfl1954's Flag is: United States

Angry Family eviction no lease... How can I legally do this in the state of Florida?

My 38 year old daughter and her two children 9 and 12 have been living here for a few months. They are all 3 very disrespectful and destructive and are tearing up my house. They challenge my religion and all the rules that I had in placce before they moved in. I have told them to leave numerous times but cannot seem to get them out. How can I legally do this in the state of Florida? My health is at issue here. Do I need to wait 30 days? I made the mistake of not having her sign a lease. She does not pay rent or lights but does bring food into the house. She makes $1400 a month before working but is totally broke all the time and yet her bill collectors are constantly calling my home. I need help FAST!
Roseladyfl1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jan 8th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Family eviction no lease... How can I legally do this in the state of Florida?

I wish to inform you that you may evict your family members. In this regard give a written notice of eviction. If your daughter and her two daughters do not leave then you can file an eviction lawsuit. You may file a lawsuit in court and your daughter and her two daughters will be in the status of unpaid tenants in court. After court has passed order then your daughter will have to leave or you can have file execution and court officials will have the house vacated.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM   #3
Top Level Member

Default Re: Family eviction no lease... How can I legally do this in the state of Florida?

It is better to file a complaint with the sheriff to get your daughter and her children evicted. If you sent an eviction notice to your daughter in the address of your house it will badly affect you. By considering the relation you can give them reasonable time to find another place.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 9th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #4
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseladyfl1954 View Post
My 38 year old daughter and her two children 9 and 12 have been living here for a few months. They are all 3 very disrespectful and destructive and are tearing up my house. They challenge my religion and all the rules that I had in placce before they moved in. I have told them to leave numerous times but cannot seem to get them out. How can I legally do this in the state of Florida? My health is at issue here. Do I need to wait 30 days? I made the mistake of not having her sign a lease. She does not pay rent or lights but does bring food into the house. She makes $1400 a month before working but is totally broke all the time and yet her bill collectors are constantly calling my home. I need help FAST!
Without a lease or rental agreement, even though your daughter she is on the premises with no more rights than a squatter, trespasser. You need to tell her she has X days to vacate or else you will have her evicted. You can give her a 3-day notice to vacate after which formal eviction proceedings can be started by applying to the court. These are called unlawful detainer actions. She will have to then appear in court and give bona fide reasons to remain as a non paying tenant or else the eviction will be ordered. At that time she will have no more than 3 days to vacate or else the sheriff will come out and toss her and her stuff out on the street.

There are professional eviction firms, too, that you can contact who will handle all for you. It is unfortunate that you have to take such steps against your daughter and grandchildren, but perhaps if you tell her exactly what will happen, she will take you seriously and move elsewhere.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 11th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseladyfl1954 View Post
I can't offer any help but I can surely relate. I allowed my daughter who I have been struggling to help through school for 8 years to move in with me when child protective services were going to take her daughter away because her house was too filthy to be lived in. She was living in Texas and had Section 8, she was SUPPOSE to be going to school. Because I didn't want to see my granddaughter on the street or in Foster care I brought them here and it has been a nightmare. They are destroying my rented townhome, they are disrespectful and verbally and physically abusive. She doesn't work, doesn't clean, weighs 365 pounds and wishes me dead. She has her daughter calling me psycho and also telling me "why don't you just die, you are OLD, just DIE". She tells me .. you've never been happy, why not just commit suicide and get it over with? Then she says.. there is NO WAY I AM LEAVING.. YOU INVITED ME HERE TO GET ON MY FEET AND YOU CANT LEGALLY MAKE ME LEAVE. I don't know how I raised such a monster.. I am at the point where I want to quit my job and drive off and leave her here.

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Saddened Mother

Unhappy Re: Family eviction no lease... How can I legally do this in the state of Florida?

I have a 24 year old son who has moved back home for the 2nd time. The first time was rough but he did do what he had promised. This time, complete change! We offered him to stay 4 months to save money & be able to get back to college. It is now going on 6 months and he has been given 30 day verbal notice by his father...6 weeks later he is still here. He was also told to give back the house key, his reply "Just drop it"
He is EXTREMELY disrespectful and drinks. When he drinks he thinks he is the one in charge and we should do exactly what he says. Has called me stupid, ignorant & a liar.
To all the family out there trying to help family......GET A WRITTEN AGREEMENT so there are no mis understandings.
MY HEART GOES OUT TO ANYONE trying to help your child or family member have a better shot at life then you had. Trying to help them get on their feet and stay ahead.

Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:58 AM   #7
firephonix

Q- my my boyfrnds mom owns a fourxplex. She has kicked him out with no notice and threatened to turn off it. Can she turn off his electric like that? And can she just come in with no announcementor permission

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 10187 times