WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues > Landlord started eviction coz of late payment; I had vacation from school

Landlord started eviction coz of late payment; I had vacation from school

This is a discussion on Landlord started eviction coz of late payment; I had vacation from school within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; Let me tell u a story guys. I'm from Ukraine and came to California to study. So i rented an ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #1
nesvetlana's Flag is: United States

Confused Landlord started eviction coz of late payment; I had vacation from school

Let me tell u a story guys. I'm from Ukraine and came to California to study. So i rented an apartment in big complex. management took from me deposit the same as rent ($1145). we also have late fee - $60. couple of times i did pay a little late my rent but always paid late fee with it.this month (June) i had vacation from school that's why didn't get the management notice to pay as soon as possible. so i made money order on the 15th of june and sent to them (with late fee of cause). couple of days later i got letter from court that my landlord sued me. and i got online letter from my landlord that they got my payment but don't accept it as consider it to be partial, right now they want plus to it $550 as litigation fee. i'm not from here and really don't understand what should i do in this situation. can i request them to send back my money order? as they also keep my deposit. or should i just stay here without paying their litigation fee (i have even no idea for what is this fee) and just wait while they evict me through court? to tell the truth if i can get at least some of my money back - i'd like to move out to another place,as they really drive me crazy
nesvetlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Landlord started eviction coz of late payment; I had vacation from school

Sorry, no sympathy here. You KNOW when your rent is due. You have paid late apparently a number of times. You went on a little va-kay and figured there'd be no consequences...wake up, be an adult. Where ever you go, you'll have to be responsible for paying the rent and paying on time or face the consequences.

It's doubtful your landlord will send you back any money. Get an attorney and find out your options under the circumstances you stated here.

I'm not even sure if this is a real post because you're telling us a story.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
eviction, landlord, late payment, management notice, study in california

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1098 times