Evicting a non-tenant in North Carolina

This is a discussion on Evicting a non-tenant in North Carolina within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; I'm living in North Carolina and I bought home last year while I was still with my boyfriend of five ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 06:26 AM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy Evicting a non-tenant in North Carolina

I'm living in North Carolina and I bought home last year while I was still with my boyfriend of five years who is also the father of my children. We ended our relationship six months after I bought the home. I asked hin to leave on several ocassions and he's refused because he does not want to leave the children behind. I even went as far as issuing him a 30 day notice to vacate because since we "entered into the house as a family" there was no tenant landlord agreement put in place the sheriffs department told me that I had no legal grounds to evict him. I went to the county courthouse to have him legally evicted and the process was halted because we had to tenant/landlord agreement and the judge presiding over my case recommended that I move all of his belonging out on the curb because he's trespassing. I'm the only person listed on the deed. He has no job, does not pay any bills or financially supports our two children. He's no lomher receiving mail at my residence and his refusal is becoming troublesome for me because I have a strong feeling that illgeal activity is taking place in my home when I'm not present.
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Evicting a non-tenant in North Carolina

I wish to inform you that you may have an eviction order from court and have person removed from your property. The status of a person is similar to non paying tenant. You may thus file eviction lawsuit and can have the person removed. Further as you are not married therefore the child is related to you and not the father unless father proves paternity in court.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1733 times