How many times a year can a property manager inpsect my rental?

This is a discussion on How many times a year can a property manager inpsect my rental? within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; I have lived at a condo rental unit for less than 6 months. Since this time the property manager has ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default How many times a year can a property manager inpsect my rental?

I have lived at a condo rental unit for less than 6 months. Since this time the property manager has inspected twice. I can understand if they need to inspect prior to renewing a lease, but i find their requests to inspect a little excessive. Is there a law that protects my rights to decline the inspection? or that they can only inspect x amount of times a year? The residence is in Las Vegas, NV.
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: How many times a year can a property manager inpsect my rental?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have lived at a condo rental unit for less than 6 months. Since this time the property manager has inspected twice. I can understand if they need to inspect prior to renewing a lease, but i find their requests to inspect a little excessive. Is there a law that protects my rights to decline the inspection? or that they can only inspect x amount of times a year? The residence is in Las Vegas, NV.
The landlord has the right to inspect with a 24 hour notice and during reasonable hours. There really isn't any law that states how often a landlord can inspect his property.

You must remember that the property ultimately belongs to landlord and he/she has a right to protect his/her investment.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #3
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You don't mention WHY they are inspecting the property. On the notice they give you, do they specify a reason for the inspection? Is this subsidized housing?
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Unregistered

I asked the property manager when she emailed me to make an appointment why so often and her response was, no particular reason, just that landlord asked to inspect. It's a condo rental property. I guess I understand the landlord protecting their investment part. Guess I have to deal with it until I purchase my own...thanks for the information.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2199 times