WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues > eviction, i have no place to go (no family, friends, transportation)

eviction, i have no place to go (no family, friends, transportation)

This is a discussion on eviction, i have no place to go (no family, friends, transportation) within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; my lease is up, LL wants to up rent.....lease was basically 2 sentences long, typed by LL....only stating i was ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default eviction, i have no place to go (no family, friends, transportation)

my lease is up, LL wants to up rent.....lease was basically 2 sentences long, typed by LL....only stating i was moving in and the amt of rent due....

i have no place to go and no way to go anywhere anyway (no family, friends, transportation)...i'm not going to be able to move by the time he wants me to....he's already rented the place and told me i have till december 4th to move....

how long can i stay b4 they throw my stuff out on the lawn?

pls help, i'm desperate
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 12:15 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: eviction, i have no place to go (no family, friends, transportation)

I wish to inform you that landlord is required to give you eviction notice depending upon the type of your lease and your state laws. If your notice period is for smaller duration then you may inform landlord for proper notice. In this regard if you do not leave after notice period then landlord may file a suit for eviction. In this regard court will pass orders for your eviction. After court has passed eviction order then you may voluntarily leave the premises or court will remove you.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 01:03 AM   #3
Top Level Member

Default Re: eviction, i have no place to go (no family, friends, transportation)

First of all let me tell you LL and Tenant disputes are covered by the terms of the lease agreement. From the facts it could understand that you have defaulted in rent. Default in rent is a good ground for the LL to evict his Tenant. But eviction proceedings should be initiated legally. That is before initiating an eviction proceedings LL must give mandatory notice to the tenant and give reasonable time to move out. In your case you have a right to stay at the rented place till the expiry of the lease agreement, unless there is no violation to the terms of the agreement. If the LL is acting in violation of the terms of agreement then you have all the right to challenge the proceedings.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 1st, 2010, 01:10 AM   #4
Unregistered

tyvm for the quick reply
type of your lease (my lease was 2 sentences long and only mentioned names...ex-boyfriend is also listed on lease, he's moved out and amt of rent) and your state laws (Indiana)

does this info help to get a more detailed idea of what the LL can do ? heh, guess i'm asking for illegal advice but i'm at my wit's end and scared to death

Old Dec 1st, 2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my lease is up, LL wants to up rent.....lease was basically 2 sentences long, typed by LL....only stating i was moving in and the amt of rent due....

i have no place to go and no way to go anywhere anyway (no family, friends, transportation)...i'm not going to be able to move by the time he wants me to....he's already rented the place and told me i have till december 4th to move....

how long can i stay b4 they throw my stuff out on the lawn?

pls help, i'm desperate
Unless he got a court order to legally evict, he cannot do anything.

He cannot throw your stuff out on the lawn. He cannot do anything to forcibly evict. He MUST get an eviction order from court. Until he does that, stay put.

Old Dec 1st, 2010, 05:01 PM   #6
lawcastle's Flag is: United States

View Member's Twitter Profile

You stated that your lease is up (expired?). If the landlord has not provided you with required notice prior to the expiration of the lease that he intends to increase your rent, he may be foreclosed from increasing the rent. If the landlord did not provide you with sufficient notice of his intent to terminate the lease after the expiration of the lease, he may be foreclosed from ending your tenancy. Finally, in some states, such as New Jersey, the expiration of a lease is not sufficient reason for the LL to terminate the lease if the tenant does not want to leave. Thus, it could be the case that you are able to stay in the apartment at your current rate for at least another month. Because landlord tenant law varies so widely from state to state, you should go onto your state legislature's website and search the state laws for the codes applicable to landlord tenant law.
lawcastle is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 3006 times