3 months behind in rent +3 day notice

This is a discussion on 3 months behind in rent +3 day notice within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; my spouse and i have recently fallen on hard times.we have lived in our one bedroom apt since sping of ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2007, 04:24 PM   #1

Unhappy 3 months behind in rent +3 day notice

my spouse and i have recently fallen on hard times.we have lived in our one bedroom apt since sping of 2003.we have always paid rent,granted sometimes a week late but not very often.when we would call they were always fine and asked for a late fee,we always paid that.my husband changed jobs twice in the last 4 months because the 1st one he went two turned out to be a sham and did not pay him for 2 months.he found another job but we have been having a hard time catching up.the landlords kept saying they would work with us but because we haven't been able to catch up they yelled and screamed a message on my machine and when i called them personally they insulted me and yelled through the whole conversation.my spouse left a good potion of money owed today.if they accept it(theyaccepted other partial payments)and we pay the rest after the three day notice.can they still evict?What do we do!
tiffkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: 3 months behind in rent +3 day notice

They can still evict if you have not paid fully. Best just to try to get caught up asap but have alternative arrangements if they do file in court and try to evict.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1644 times