Tenants ruined house... would I be able to sue them for damages?

This is a discussion on Tenants ruined house... would I be able to sue them for damages? within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; When we rented out our home to the tenants who had just moved out, a security deposit was taken and ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Tenants ruined house... would I be able to sue them for damages?

When we rented out our home to the tenants who had just moved out, a security deposit was taken and the premises were left in very very good condition. Now, I pride myself in not being a slumlord. In absolutely no way was the home damged, dirty or unpresentable at any point while in our possesion. After the tenants mooved out the house was FILTHY. The carpets are shot, walls damaged, windows broken and trash... and I mean trash, left all over. After agreeing that their security deposit of 1600.00 (well below the amount it will cost me to make any reapirs) would not be given back, would I be able to sue them for damages made to the home?
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Tenants ruined house... would I be able to sue them for damages?

You certainly can!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 2384 times