Rights of Mobile Home/RV Park Tenants in Texas

This is a discussion on Rights of Mobile Home/RV Park Tenants in Texas within the Landlord vs Tenant Issues forum, part of the REAL ESTATE & PROPERTY LAW category; Sure it is. The LL can charge whatever rent he wants to any tenant who will pay it unless it ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #11
Unregistered

Default Re: Rights of Mobile Home/RV Park Tenants in Texas

Sure it is. The LL can charge whatever rent he wants to any tenant who will pay it unless it falls under rent control laws. Unless you had a continuing lease from one year to the next, rents can increase. When you left and terminated your lease, the new lease can be written under new terms. And no law says that all tenants must pay the same rent, unless your rent was increased for discriminatory reasons. Neighboring tenants in 2 identical units can be charged two different rents. Just as 2 buyers can pay 2 different prices for identical cars, it is whatever price he can get for it.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:21 PM   #12
Unregistered

Thumbs Up Re: Rights of Mobile Home/RV Park Tenants in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm staying on a RV park in texas. I stayed here 6 mo last year the rent was $280.00 plus electric. I came back this year to stay and the owners raised the rent to $570.00 electric included. I stayed 1 mo. and now moving to a more reasonable park. But talking to other tennants I found out that they were paying the same as last year. Last year my elec was about $130.00 per month. I can only guess the landlord is charging me for electricty I'm not using is that legal?
A LL's can charge you whatever they want, as long as you agree to pay it. If the LL want to charge $5,000.00 per month they can, but you must want to pay. If you are in a lease, complete the contract and give thirty days notice to move (or what your contract says) It is a good idea to give notice to move out when you pay rent on the 1st of the month. If allowed give notice to move the last month of the contract. Also, all LL's are required to give you at least 30 days notice if the rent in going up. If you do move, before you sign up, check out the new property. Talk to the residents, drive the property at night about 11:00pm and see whats going on (drinking, parties, etc.) and look at the grounds and other aspects of the new place, Is there trash, grounds clean, dead cars?? Good Luck.

Old May 19th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #13
Unregistered

No law says tenants of identical units (or lots) have to pay the same rate. The one on the left can pay $300, the one on the right can pay $600 of the LL can get someone to pay that rate. The laws of supply and demand rule renting. The LL can charge whatever price he can get a tenant to pay, providing they have no lease guaranteeing them a set rate.

Old May 9th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #14
speakeasy

Looking for a little help. As a park owner if I have prk own fema RV's and rent them by the day week or month and someone is late on rent what is the procedure in Texas for eviction. Do I still fall under the same rules as the motel and vacation law?

Old May 19th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #15
Unregistered

what do I have to do to remove a tenant from a rv park?

Old Jul 25th, 2011, 08:55 AM   #16
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what do I have to do to remove a tenant from a rv park?
what is the answer to this question, what do I have to do to remove a tenant who is late on rent from an rv park in texas

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #17
Carman

Hello,

Can a Texas RV park charge a tenant an electric rate higher than they are charged from the electic utility? Thank you for your reply.

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #18
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Rights of Mobile Home/RV Park Tenants in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sburns1978 View Post
My situation is a bit different. I live with my boyfriend in his RV, along with my 2 boys. He all of a sudden came up Friday night and said 'I've got an apartment, so you need to find a place by Wednesday, I'm moving the RV somewhere else'.

Are the tenant and resident laws the same regarding RVs if you have lived in one for more than 6 months at a specific address? I would think it would be the same as being locked out of an apartment. This is my residence, and I would hope there is something I can do to keep him from just up and pulling it away.

If anyone has any specific information about this, could you please let me know? Tomorrow is when he is planning this. My neighbor said to call the police when he tried, but I'd like to know my rights before I make a huge scene for nothing.
who ever pays the rent can do what they like. The owner of the rv park can unplug you if the rent is not paid on time. If the rent is not paid and you move it a lean can be put on the rv.

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #19
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Rights of Mobile Home/RV Park Tenants in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman View Post
Hello,

Can a Texas RV park charge a tenant an electric rate higher than they are charged from the electic utility? Thank you for your reply.
Yes they can, most rv parks charge to the round number. Most bill come after you have paid your bill to the rv park and the fsc can make the price change.

Old May 21st, 2013, 12:49 PM   #20
Unregistered

Can someone help me locate a GOOD
lease agreement for an rv park in texas PLEASE

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 20 replies and has been viewed 14846 times