can i sue for deceiving and misleading?

This is a discussion on can i sue for deceiving and misleading? within the Other Labor Law Matters forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; Somebody made me a job offer to join his company in managerial capacity; I resigned form the 3+ years job ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default can i sue for deceiving and misleading?

Somebody made me a job offer to join his company in managerial capacity; I resigned form the 3+ years job I had at that time and joined his company. For two months I
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old May 26th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: can i sue for deceiving and misleading?

i am sorry; it seems that part of the text was not posted.

here is the whole text:

Somebody made me a job offer to join his company in managerial capacity; I resigned form the 3+ years job I had at that time and joined his company. For two months I

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 27th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #3
Top Level Member
randalljd's Flag is: United States

Hi--You may have been cut off if you were copying and pasting a question.

That can happen if your copy and paste contains symbols or characters other than letters or standard symbols.

It will cut off at the point of the character that is causing a problem.

You may eliminate quotation marks or nonstandard characters in your text and that should resolve the problem.
_________

You can sue if they misled you, and you relied, and you were damaged or incurred costs etc.
randalljd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2007, 05:11 PM   #4
Top Level Member
able1's Flag is: United States

Did you ever work at the new job?
able1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #5
Unregistered

Hopefully this time I will not be cut-off anymore:

Somebody made me a job offer to join his company in a managerial capacity. I resigned from my 3 years old job I had at that time and joined his company. For two months I have been trying to have him tell me what he wanted from me but I was not able to get anything from him; he was constantly avoiding me. I did not have a job description, he did not inform any of the other staff about what/if any authority I had, I did not even have business cards. He also tried to pay me less than the salary he offered, trying to convince me to accept to recieive part of the salary cash, off-the-books. After less than two months he fired me, initially saying that "my salary was too high" and then changing his story to "did not produce anything during the almost two months period". I know I was an at-will employee and he could fire me without any reason but can I take him to court for deceiving and misleading?
Does anybody know any similar cases taken to court in New York State?

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Old May 30th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member
judg4's Flag is: United States

It may be hard to sue him for that. You would have to show he broke some kind of explicit oral or written agreement with you.
judg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2884 times