Employer paying late: 2-7 days late payment

This is a discussion on Employer paying late: 2-7 days late payment within the Other Labor Law Matters forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; Hi, My employer keeps paying me late ever since December 07. Payment varies from 2-7 days late payment. This is ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:19 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Employer paying late: 2-7 days late payment

Hi,

My employer keeps paying me late ever since December 07. Payment varies from 2-7 days late payment. This is the same for all employees.

What are my rights? Can I refuse to come into work until I do get paid? Reason why I am asking is that I used to have a very good relationship with my employer but over the months this has disappeared due to payment and company cash flow issues.

My employer has even had the cheek to write me an official letter stating that they have noticed I arrive in late to work even though I make up this time during my lunch hour and do many hours of unpaid overtime. Before I write a response to this letter I would like to know my rights in terms of him paying late.

Any advise is appreciated

M
Old Jun 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Default re: Employer paying late: 2-7 days late payment

You could consult your nearest Department of Labor office to briefly discuss the issue with them first...you may also want to ask the company to put what is happening in writing and explain to them that you may have attorneys review the situation...try speaking to a higher level of management about the issue; they may override the other managers. If none of these efforts resolves the issue, let us know.
wld_team is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 5021 times