Pictures taken at work without permission

This is a discussion on Pictures taken at work without permission within the Job Discrimination & Harassment forum, part of the Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination category; KY, My question is, can a supervisor take your picture without your permission? The reason I'm asking is because yesterday ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #1
Unregistered

Question Pictures taken at work without permission

KY,
My question is, can a supervisor take your picture without your permission? The reason I'm asking is because yesterday a supervisor, not my supervisor, took a picture of me and others while we were at the time clock. I work in an office and at about 2 mins before it was time to leave I went up to the time clock getting ready to go home at the end of the shift. The supervisor took a picture of me and others then took a picture of the time clock showing what time it was. Is this grounds for a lawsuit and if so, who do I need to contact?
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Pictures taken at work without permission

it sounds like a form of harrasment... but look into it better

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Pictures taken at work without permission

It is not illegal for your picture to be taken inside the employer's space--a bit odd perhaps and his supervisor may warn him.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4728 times