Photos of my children on Facebook (without my permission)

This is a discussion on Photos of my children on Facebook (without my permission) within the Internet Law forum, part of the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & INTERNET LAW category; Someone on Facebook has posted pictures of 2 of my children, ages 5 and 8, without my permission. I have ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Closed Thread  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 15th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Photos of my children on Facebook (without my permission)

Someone on Facebook has posted pictures of 2 of my children, ages 5 and 8, without my permission. I have asked this person to remove the photos but they refuse. What can I do to have them removed. I have tried to contact Facebook with no luck.

Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Unregistered

Red Face Re: Photos of my children on Facebook (without my permission)

go to report the photo, and on the bottom in blue it should say "is this your intellectual property?" click on that...It will then bring you to another page, go down to where it says "How to report claims of copyright infringement by users
To report a copyright infringement by a Facebook user, all you need to do is fill out our automated DMCA form. This form is the fastest way to report a copyright infringement. Although we will review reports in all languages, it will speed our review if you can submit your report in English.

If you prefer, you can also send a DMCA notice to our designated agent (information below)"

Because actually, no one can post photos of your children who are under the age of 18 without your permission, you can actually sue them for it...I am going through this same issue, but I would perfer not to get the law involved.

Ok, anyway, now click "automated DMCA form." and it will bring you to a form that you have to fil out. State in the form that your children are not yet 18 and that the person had posted them without permission, you will have to do this for each photo that was posted, and provide a link to the photo. They will then email you stating that the form had been submitted and that they will be removing the photo. I believe they removed the ones I reported like this, within 24 hrs.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Forum Administrator

Default Re: Photos of my children on Facebook (without my permission)

Duplicate thread. Please go to...

Unauthorized Photo of My Minor Children on Facebook

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now! Click Here
Find Legal Forms for All 50 States

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Closed Thread

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 10558 times