Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages

This is a discussion on Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages within the Internet Law forum, part of the INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & INTERNET LAW category; People have posted my private pictures on Facebook without my consent. I do not want them to post pictures of ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #1
Unregistered

Angry Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages

People have posted my private pictures on Facebook without my consent. I do not want them to post pictures of me that i did not authorize or allow them to do so. I think i have the right to have them taken down from Facebook. That is my face that people are seeing and even without watermarks on those pictures i would like to have them taken down. It is an invasion of my private life. I do not want people judging my photos that i never uploaded or posted in the first place.

What law can i use to sue these people on Facebook that have posted unauthorized photos of me.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 02:51 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages

Before suing these persons you can either ask them to remove those pictures and if they are not taking it out then you could report the matter to the Face book team. They will investigate the situation and hopefully this will get unauthorized photos off of face book. Since you stress that there has been an invasion on part of your private life, you can hire an attorney and file a complaint against those persons in the Small claims court. But you must be able to show that the sole copyright of your pictures remain entirely with you.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #3
Unregistered

Confused re: Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages

Thank you for your reply.

While researching facebook for possible options to remove my unauthorized photos i found this:

Facebook FAQs: If you live in a country where the law does not require the removal of unauthorized photos for privacy reasons, including the United States, we will not remove unauthorized photos at your request. You may want to consider contacting the user who posted the photo in order to request that it be removed.

Meaning to say if some people decided to upload photos of my husband and i that i did not want to be seen by millions of people, i cant take it down? I don't want people to comment and see my photos. No matter if they looked decent or not they are pictures of ME and it is my FACE on it. I dont get why there are no laws that protect me from this intrusion.

Old Nov 28th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #4
Unregistered

Oh get over it its a picture. Unless your a fugitive on the run I wouldn't worry about it and even then it would serve you right for trying to hide. Stop looking on Facebook for pictures of yourself and you'll quit finding them.

Old Feb 12th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #5
Unregistered

Obviously the previous unregistered user isn't old enough to understand constitutional rights, ethics, and freedom from persecution. Freedom isn't lying down while unethical anarchist undermines our great country.

Don't give up on the pursuit of justice write your Governor and keep going.

Old May 14th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Unregistered

Default Re: Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
People have posted my private pictures on Facebook without my consent. I do not want them to post pictures of me that i did not authorize or allow them to do so. I think i have the right to have them taken down from Facebook. That is my face that people are seeing and even without watermarks on those pictures i would like to have them taken down. It is an invasion of my private life. I do not want people judging my photos that i never uploaded or posted in the first place.

What law can i use to sue these people on Facebook that have posted unauthorized photos of me.

Thanks
If you dont want others to see your pictures then dont let people take pictures of you!

Old May 23rd, 2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Unregistered

Angry Re: Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages

what if the first unregistered user has a point...i think that there should be a law what if someone would post pictures of your kids, its the same as any other family member its wrong...so if your so educated and understand laws then use your brain...!!!

Old Jun 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #8
Unregistered

I really don't see what your problem is. What's so special about you and your image that you don't want it online. Seriously, maybe we ask for them to be removed so that we don't have to look at them.

And to the unregistered user who posted that,

"Obviously the previous unregistered user isn't old enough to understand constitutional rights, ethics, and freedom from persecution. Freedom isn't lying down while unethical anarchist undermines our great country.

Don't give up on the pursuit of justice write your Governor and keep going.",

Who are you to condescend to somebody who is just simply telling somebody that the problem they have doesn't really exist? Why must this person, who contradicts your beliefs, be younger? Is it that everybody your age shares your views? I doubt it.

Old Jun 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #9
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

Much of this depends on how the user got the pictures. Without knowing where these pictures came from and how the poster got them its difficult to reply. Regardless of facebook post you copied file complaint with facebook and contact the user asking him/her to remove pics or you will seek legal action
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 11:16 PM   #10
Unregistered

Confused Re: Unauthorized posting of my photos on Facebook pages

My sister and I had a falling out. She is now threatening to get a lawyer (this seriously came out of nowhere) and sue me if I don't remove pictures of her and her children that I took with my own camera from my facebook page. Does she have a legal leg to stand on?

Bookmark & Share

Tags
facebook, photos, unauthorized

This thread has 37 replies and has been viewed 29970 times