Bank Swifts - USA, UK, Russia, Indonesia

This is a discussion on Bank Swifts - USA, UK, Russia, Indonesia within the International Law Issues forum, part of the INTERNATIONAL LAW category; I was negotiating via consultants (intermediaries/brokers) with a company based in UK, but have a representative office in Miami, USA, ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #1
osiere's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Default Bank Swifts - USA, UK, Russia, Indonesia

I was negotiating via consultants (intermediaries/brokers) with a company based in UK, but have a representative office in Miami, USA, who would assist me in issuing a SBLC for 30 Million USD. The company is called CCF, and I also had a company (who I made as beneficiary) who would monetizes and would pay me after substantial discounts against an investment in a project.

Both sides signed contracts agreeing to the same. In order to initiate the deal I had to transfer 750'000USD to an escrow law firm in the US to start the deal. where upon receiving the amount, CCF would then instruct Royal Bank of Scotland (UK) to issue a RWA MT799 to the receiving bank CIMB in Indonesia, to initiate the process as mentioned in contracts.

CCF claim they have sent the MT799 RWA message and against a scan copy released the 750K from the escrow law firm. The receiving bank have said they have not received any swift from RBS and when they try to check on their systems, the SWIFT does not populate, along side CCF have sent a tracer from Moscow bank to the Indonesian bank which has been received but have raised eyebrows and they feel something is wrong.

CCF clearly state as in contract, that if the receiving bank do not receive any Swift they should write the same on CIMB bank letter head signed by a live bank manager and then CCF will either resend the MT799 or return the money. CIMB refuse to do that and insist that since they have not received any of the two swift except for the one from Moscow (which was not mentioned in the contract nor did I ask for that tracer) as well as CIMB requested to speak with RBS UK bank officer to resolve the issue, which CCF is refusing to provide details. Thus I am stuck in a catch 22 situation.

As of now, I am not getting any corporation from the Escrow law firm or CCF and do not know anyone in RBS UK, who can verify if these Swift message copies are real and have been sent or not. Does this become fraud, what can I do?.

CIMB Indonesia are still ready to honor their part of the agreement, but CCF are adamant that the swift have been sent out. The Moscow Swift is where problems arose and CIMB do not wish to proceed unless a real SWIFT has been sent.
osiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Bank Swifts - USA, UK, Russia, Indonesia

I wish to inform you that you must report the matter to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You may file the complaint online. Further, you may file a complaint online with IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center). You must provide the complete details of the complaint so that the matter can be investigated thoroughly. In addition, you may file a complaint with the law enforcement agencies in USA, Russia, Indonesia and your country. Alternatively, you may issue a written notice to all the parties. If they do not resolve the matter, you may file a lawsuit. You may provide the complete details of the breach of contract to the Court. The Court will consider all the facts and decide the matter. You may file the lawsuit in the jurisdiction as per the terms and conditions of the contract.

AFF
AFFA is online now   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 6th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #3
osiere's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Default Re: Bank Swifts - USA, UK, Russia, Indonesia

- Is there any company or firm that can verify/investigate and authenticate a Swift message if it was really sent from a bank or if it was fabricated?
- Can an Escrow firm release my 750'000USD to the supposedly Swift sending company without actually verifying if it is authentic or not?
- and does the contract signed between us get nullified if a Swift from a Moscow Bank (they called it a tracer swift) at the same time the official swift was sent from RBS UK?, as it was not mentioned in the contract of a 3rd bank being involved?
osiere is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1268 times