Mexican Child Support Enforcement in the US

This is a discussion on Mexican Child Support Enforcement in the US within the International Law Issues forum, part of the INTERNATIONAL LAW category; I'll start by saying that I don't intend on skipping out on my responsibilities. I only want to remove the ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Mexican Child Support Enforcement in the US

I'll start by saying that I don't intend on skipping out on my responsibilities. I only want to remove the cloud of crap hanging over my head from my babies mama. She has filed with the PGJE a case against me claiming that I hit her in her stomach and for what appears to be child support. We live in the same house still in Tijuana, but in separate rooms. I've tried repeatedly to negotiate an amicable resolution, but having no success.

I've been given a set of 4 pages. first page is the "Ultimo Citatorio" stating the time and date of the meeting with what i assume is the judge or otherwise, representative of the courts. Second page is the "Volante de Canalizacion" stating the "HECHOS" of the case. in spanish, and english: MANIFIESTA QUE EL DIA 13 DE NOVIEMBRE 2008 MI PARJA DE NACIONALIDAD AMERICANA **MY NAME** ME GOLPEO EN EL PANCREAS Y NECESITO DINERO PARA MI SALUD Y UN HIGA QUE PROCREAMOS **HER NAME** Y ESTE QUIERE IRSE PARA ESTADOS UNIDOS Y SE DA PARTE AL CONSULADO AMERICANO.
STATES THAT THE DAY 13 NOVEMBER 2008 MY PARTNER OF NATIONALITY AMERICAN **MYNAME** HIT ME IN THEPANCREAS AND I NEED MONEY FOR MY HEALTH AND OUR DAUGHTER **HERNAME** AND WANTS TO LEAVE FOR THE U.S. (something about using the consulate). Third page is a copy of our ID's (my CA drivers license that she stole from me and i still don't have) Fourth page is Certificado de Integridad Fisica, a health review done by the docter at the PGJE. I've yet to determine if this is a real case, or if she has friends there that just typed up some BS for her.

My question is quite specific, and it is: If i leave Mexico, can she reach through the consulate to keep harassing me. I don't intend on not supporting my child, but i want to remove her ability to harass me. Can a mexican child support decision be enforced in the US.
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Mexican Child Support Enforcement in the US

Not that easily but ultimately it can yes-- but she would have to go back into the US courts and it is not always such an easy thing to do.

The pure harassment factor would certainly be lessened if you were back in the US.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #3

Default Re: Mexican Child Support Enforcement in the US

If you two love birds were never married in the USA, then it would be extremely hard for her to do anything to you if you come back to the USA. Mexico will soon be run by drug lords, so I would come back to the USA, asap!

But, the Mexican government might have a warrant for your arrest and they might not let you back in the USA, until the issues is cleared with the courts. It might be better to be nice to her and give her money and anything she wants to drop the charges. Then, come back to the USA.
Thomas Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 5156 times