Assaulted on my job by a co-worker; he punched me in my face

This is a discussion on Assaulted on my job by a co-worker; he punched me in my face within the Injury & Worker's Compensation forum, part of the ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE category; From: Jarrmann C. Sanders (Elnorat@hotmail.com, 225 955-4248) Area of law: (Not sure which area) Country: United States of America State: ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 14th, 2007, 10:23 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Assaulted on my job by a co-worker; he punched me in my face

(Elnorat@hotmail.com, 225 955-4248)
Area of law: (Not sure which area)
State: Louisiana

I was assaulted on my job on December 7, 2007, by a co-worker. During this assault, he punched me in my face, he broke my nose, he broke my prescription glasses, he cut me under my right eye and lacerated my right eye. I never hit him. I filed an incident report; however, he hasagreed to pay for all of my expenses - medical(hospital, doctors, prescription, possible surgery in a few months) and my wages for the days missed from work). I agreed to not press charges, but I would like to receive some mental anguish and/or pain and suffering from him. My aunt is preparing the expenses to date for presenting to him, but I would like to know approximately how much I am entitled to as mental anguish and pain and suffering. Please send me a statement that can be included in the document that we are preparing to present to him explaining the legal rights to receiving this compensation. Thank you for any assistance that you are able to give me in this matter.
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Dec 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: Assaulted on my job by a co-worker; he punched me in my face

That would just be what you agree.

But you cannot threaten criminal charges as a way to get money--that is blackmail.

Either sue him civilly if you want more or take what he offers.

Some people try to get one or two times medical costs in court proceedings.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Assaulted on my job by a co-worker; he punched me in my face

Your first mistake was not having him arrested ,after that you should have found out if he has ever assaulted anyone else on your job or if he has displayed any aggresive or violent propensities on the job before your assault, if he did, your employer could also be held liable for your injuries for not firing him previously. your best bet would be to file an action in court . you can have up to one to three years to file

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 3420 times