Can I sue a jail? I was in custody in Orange County

This is a discussion on Can I sue a jail? I was in custody in Orange County within the Injury & Worker's Compensation forum, part of the ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE category; Yes I was in custody in orange county jail at Theo Lacy...The day before I was getting bailed out some ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Can I sue a jail? I was in custody in Orange County

Yes I was in custody in orange county jail at
Theo Lacy...The day before I was getting bailed out some inmates called me over to where they where at which turned out to be a blind spot in the housing we in and in th at moment the stomped the living daylights out of me apparently for stealing popcorn from another inmate which I did not. I then regained counsciousness back in my rack after the beating was done. after I turned myself into the deputy I was sent to there medical, who sent me to the hospital, cat scans showed the that I had bleeding on my brain, and got some stitches over my eye lid....After a few days in the hospital the bleeding on my brain stopped, and was released from the hospital....But now I am starting to get all the ambulance and hospital bills. Am I responsible for these too? so far at 1300 dollars....and that is just for one of two ambulance rides the first hospital I was taken too did not have a nuero surgeon on duty so had to be taken to a second hospital.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member
msgny's Flag is: United States

Default re: Can I sue a jail? I was in custody in Orange County

It is certainly possible you have a case based on what you say here; you should take a brief description of these events as well as your medical records to a malpractice attorney and see if the attorney thinks you have a claim; often you need to contact several attorneys to find one to take the case; the review of your case and records is often free and then they will normally take the case on a contingency fee basis if they think you can win; you would pay only if they collect for you.

Some lawyers specialize in these jail house situations.
msgny is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1330 times