My son hurt another child: Who's responsible?

This is a discussion on My son hurt another child: Who's responsible? within the Injury & Worker's Compensation forum, part of the ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE category; My sons were at a birthday party at a hall. It was three hours long, so I did not stay. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #1

Confused My son hurt another child: Who's responsible?

My sons were at a birthday party at a hall. It was three hours long, so I did not stay. During the time, a boy threw a rock at my son hitting him in the leg. My son then was wrong and threw a rock back at that boy. Hitting him and causing him to have stitches. The adults holding the party were not watching some of the children. The hurt boy's parents were there, but also were not watching when this occurred. The two adults and 4 other children that were with them, saw the boy throw the rock at my boy first.

My question is: if this family sues, who's responsible? My son was wrong. Severely wrong. But being the adults holding it were not watching the children, the parents of the boy were not watching their own son, is this something if it gets to a suit that we are all liable? Could this come out of our homeowners but it wasn't on anyone's home, it was a sportsmen's hall. What could we be looking at here? I'm terrified of what this could mean for our family.
MomOf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 08:01 AM   #2

Default re: My son hurt another child: Who's responsible?

Its bit of a stupid case to sue over!
j5-payne is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1919 times