WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues > Indian Law > INDIAN SECOND MARRIAGE: I WANT TO MARRY MY FIRST WIFE'S OWN SISTER

INDIAN SECOND MARRIAGE: I WANT TO MARRY MY FIRST WIFE'S OWN SISTER

This is a discussion on INDIAN SECOND MARRIAGE: I WANT TO MARRY MY FIRST WIFE'S OWN SISTER within the Indian Law forum, part of the International Law Issues category; NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH FIRST WIFE BUT STILL I WANT TO MARRY HER OWN YOUNGER SISTER. WHAT'S THE PROCEDURE?...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average. Display Modes
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 03:04 AM   #1
Unregistered

Confused INDIAN SECOND MARRIAGE: I WANT TO MARRY MY FIRST WIFE'S OWN SISTER

NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM WITH FIRST WIFE BUT STILL I WANT TO MARRY HER OWN YOUNGER SISTER. WHAT'S THE PROCEDURE?
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 09:08 AM   #2

Default re: INDIAN SECOND MARRIAGE: I WANT TO MARRY MY FIRST WIFE'S OWN SISTER

Are you sure you want to marry the younger sister?
Maybe you should wait.
Perhaps there is an even younger sister you might be interested in? Or, if her parents are still of child-bearing age, they could potentially have another daughter.
Also, check out all the nieces and cousins too. Don't forget to examine all of your options before entering into such a solemn covenant as marriage.
tbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 12:34 PM   #3
Unregistered

If you are a Hindu, Sikh, Jai then you can't do second marriage if first wife is alive. For that you have to give her divorce by the legal way.

Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Unregistered

Muslims are governed by their personal laws under which "Nikah" (i.e. marriage) is a contract and may be permanent or temporary and permits a man 4 wives if he treats all of them equally. To have a valid "Nikah" under the Muslim Law, presence of a Qazi (Priest) is not necessary. Merely a proposal in the presence and hearing of two sane males or one sane male and two sane female adults, all Muslims and acceptance of the said proposals at the same time constitute a valid Nikah under the Muslim Personal Law. A husband can divorce his wife without any reasons merely by pronouncing thrice the word "Talak". However for a Muslim woman to obtain divorce certain conditions are necessary. For Parsees there is a Parsee Marriage & Divorce Act, 1939 which governs the provisions of their marriage and law and for Indian Christian there is a Indian Christian Marriage Act 1889. Persons of any religion who get married under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 are governed by the said act. There are certain penal provisions also in the Criminal Procedure Code providing for the maintenance of the wife and punishment for bigamy.

Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 01:56 PM   #5

It is certainly a diverse and interesting World that we live in.
tbyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #6
Unregistered

THEN HOW SOME TOP HINDU PEOPLE ATTEND THE FUNCTIONS WITH THEIR
TWO WIFES?

SOME TIMES ONE PERSON TIEING NOT FOR TWO GIRLS AT THE SAME TIME?

I AM MENTIONING ABOUT ONLY HINDUS IN INDIA.

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #7
Unregistered

I have known some people that convert and become muslims for a period.

And there is no law against having the mistress there acting like a wife.

Old Oct 28th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #8
Unregistered

u r a sex addict. nothing else.

Old Oct 29th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #9
Unregistered

Second wives are allowed in many cultures.

Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:55 AM   #10
mayurivk

I am a divorcee and living with my two children from 2004. My ex-husband after divorcee due road accidant passed away during 2007. I fell in love with one of my family friend in 2004 itself . He has one daughter studying in 11th std., and his wife is a doing some real estate business. He is a govt. employee. Very nice person and know fully my family background . Family friend for the past 8 years. Now he has declared in his house that he would like to marry me and give me a life in reality. some kind of conversation going on in our both families and we are planning to conduct this marriage in a temple and finally go for registration in a registrar office. Is it possible to register 2nd marriage of him (because already i am legally separated and my ex-husband is no more ; hence i donot find any problem in my side) . If his first wife accepts and should there be any formality for her to sign any document / in any registration form during our marriage. Will this second marriage with first wife's approval in writing can be treated as a legal one ? pl clarify as I am in a confused state with regard to legality.

Is 21 days before registration, we have to inform registrar office in writing by filling up the form ?

Pl guide me the legality of first wife's approval for the second marriage of husband.

Regards
Mayuri

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 23 replies and has been viewed 26909 times