Certificate proving I am of single status?

This is a discussion on Certificate proving I am of single status? within the Other Immigration Law & Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; I am a US citizen and my fiance and I want to marry in Saint-Petersburg, Russia He is a Russian ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 23rd, 2007, 08:57 PM   #1

EEK! Certificate proving I am of single status?

I am a US citizen and my fiance and I want to marry in Saint-Petersburg, Russia He is a Russian citizen, born and raised there.

Because the USA does not provide citizens w/ a letter of "Eligibility to Marry" and this is required by the Russian gov't to marry in their country, is it possible to make a sworn statement that I'm single while in the USA and then take it w/ me to Russia? Or is there some other kind of affidavit/doument that is acceptable in lieu of the "Eligibility to Marry"?

I should also add that I must get this document while still in the USA and take it w/ me when I leave (the end of this week!) do to time constraint's of the time we have to get married. So if I could get some info ASAP, I would be so thankful.

Thanks so much.

Best regards,
Anna Wilson
anka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Certificate proving I am of single status?

Yes, you could also show a government document that you have prepared that shows you listed as single such as tax returns and the like.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:50 PM   #3
Unregistered

when you find out info anaka let me know im in the same boat as you are email me at aus1032@aol.com i am marrying a russian and they need proff that i am single, and that i have not been married, how do i do this

Old May 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Unregistered

You can show them all tax returns, have a lawyer do an affidavit under oath with you, or soe police depts will do a status report...

Often you simply need to swear under oath as to you status.

Old May 4th, 2009, 01:05 AM   #5
Unregistered

Hey i am also needing help in this matter, can you please tell me what you came up with because i work outside the U.S. and i would hate to come all the way back there for a piece of paper lol...you can email me at jueju10@yahoo.com

Best Regards,

Old Jun 9th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #6
Unregistered

There is something called a afadavit of single status. You can get it from the ambassy i believe. Try it.

Good luck

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 9101 times