10 year ban/ I-601

This is a discussion on 10 year ban/ I-601 within the Other Immigration Law & Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; [USCIS - I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility] Michigan, I had a question, I hope someone has the ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #1
majeda86's Flag is: United States

Default 10 year ban/ I-601

[USCIS - I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility]

Michigan,
I had a question, I hope someone has the experience to help me understand whats going on,
My husband was In the US unlawfully and left voluntarily on December 2002, we tried to apply for a hardship waiver in the year 2004 but it was denied and after applying for an appeal, a 10 year ban was given to him, we waited a couple of years and I reapplied in 2011 and his I-601 waiver was approved, after he got his medical check up and needed papers he received a red card from the embassy to go and pick up his visa the following week which was in may, 2012 the following day after receiving the card they called him and told him that the consular has pulled his file and things will be delayed and that they will contact him anywhere from 4-6 months, well the six months are over with and no call has been made, I emailed the embassy many times and all I get is that there is no time frame for this issue and his case is in processing and that as soon as anything new comes up they will notify him right away, After asking around and talking to lawyers they say it should have only took 6 months because the hardship waiver approval removes the 10 year ban, I feel like maby they are making him wait until the 10 year ban is up which will be December, 1, 2012. I have 2 kids, me and my kids are American Citizen born here. His case is in Beirut, Lebanon, Does anyone have an idea of what may be going on. or does anyone agree with me, that they are just making him wait the time??

Thank you soo much for your time.
majeda86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: 10 year ban/ I-601

I wish to inform you that if re -entry ban is imposed and that ban was till December 2012 then the time for ban is over and thus re-entry ban cannot be a reason for delay any further. In this regard embassy takes time in processing based upon number of applicants. Further waiver of re-entry ban clearly allows your husband to re-enter USA. Your husband can have a Green Card as spouse of US Citizen and stay in USA.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

If I had to guess, it is being held up due to the location of his home country. Some countries are not being permitting any form of immigration due to terrorism. He may never be approved.
Disagreeable is online now   Reply With Quote

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #4
majeda86's Flag is: United States

Thank you all for your answer.
majeda86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Banned User
eidlaw's Flag is: Lebanon