Possibility of denial of TN visa

This is a discussion on Possibility of denial of TN visa within the Other Immigration Law & Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; I am a Canadian citizen who moved back to Canada after working in the US for 10 years under a ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 09:28 PM   #1
nightnurse's Flag is: Canada

Confused Possibility of denial of TN visa

I am a Canadian citizen who moved back to Canada after working in the US for 10 years under a TN visa as a nurse. I have since had a baby- who was born here in Canada- but his father is American. I'm now thinking about moving back to the US next year to work. What type of parental consent is required for me to get him a TD visa and would the fact that my son's father is American (and therefore, he will be eligible for US citizenship) affect my chances at gaining TN visa approval?
nightnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:52 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Possibility of denial of TN visa

I wish to inform you that you can have TN visa. In this regard if child's father is US Citizen then that does not affect your TN visa which is a work visa. You may show your ties with Canada to show that you are going for work and not to immigrate. Consent of father will be required if either father is married to you or father has established paternity. If fathers consent is required then you can have a letter from father whereby he agrees that child can move to USA.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1564 times