judicial proceedings definition on the I-130 form.

This is a discussion on judicial proceedings definition on the I-130 form. within the Other Immigration Law & Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; I have looked over the I-130 form and it asks the question if my husband was removed through deportation, rescission, ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 08:22 AM   #1

Question judicial proceedings definition on the I-130 form.

I have looked over the I-130 form and it asks the question if my husband was removed through deportation, rescission, or judicial proceedings and I am not sure of the judicial proceedings. Since he went to court and voluntarily departured does that count as judicial proceedings? Or does judicial proceedings mean if you went to court but you were removed immediately? I am trying to do everything correct. Thank you in advance for you time and information.
melissa2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 09:10 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: judicial proceedings definition on the I-130 form.

I wish to inform you that your husband is eligible for Form I-130. In this regard as your husband has left USA voluntarily therefore he has not left USA under judicial hearing. In this case the judicial proceedings never ordered removal of your husband. If no other ban was not imposed then there was no restriction on your husband for Form I-130 to be filed.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 23rd, 2010, 01:02 PM   #3
orpime81

Default Re: judicial proceedings definition on the I-130 form.

hi, i went to court and got approved for voluntary dep. and came back to my home country on time before the given date and gane the paperworks to the us embassy in my home country as soon as i came back and the embassy gave me a photocopy of the paper with a consular signature and seal on it.

now i am getting married to a us citizen and what should i mark on the i-130 where it says " Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings? ' " yes / no " and then options " removal , exclusion/deportation, recission,judicial proceedings" .

Should i mark yes or no. and If i mark yes then should i mark the judicial proceeding?

please help

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4780 times