USCIS Error (listing the wrong country as my place of birth)

This is a discussion on USCIS Error (listing the wrong country as my place of birth) within the Other Immigration Law & Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; Texas I filed an I-407 in 2000. I now detect a USCIS administrative error listing the wrong country as my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 1st, 2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Unregistered

Question USCIS Error (listing the wrong country as my place of birth)

Texas
I filed an I-407 in 2000. I now detect a USCIS administrative error listing the wrong country as my place of birth.
Does this make the I-407 invalid and null and void ?
Would I become eligible for replacement of my Green Card ?
Thanks
ED
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: USCIS Error (listing the wrong country as my place of birth)

I wish to inform you that Form I-407 is for Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status. In this regard, once your Form I-407 is complete then you return to your previous status and therefore you will return to previous status to that of non immigrant status. Further, as the mistake in Form I-407 was of USCIS therefore it does not make your application invalid or void. The Rule is that you should not have written incorrect information.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
green card, green card replacement, i-407, uscis error

This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 1936 times