HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE USA?

This is a discussion on HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE USA? within the Other Immigration Law & Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; I HAVE MET A NICE WOMAN FROM THE PHILIPPINES ONLINE, AND AFTER SOME TIME, I HAVE DETERMINED THAT SHE IS ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jan 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #1

Confused HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE USA?

I HAVE MET A NICE WOMAN FROM THE PHILIPPINES ONLINE, AND AFTER SOME TIME, I HAVE DETERMINED THAT SHE IS NOT TRYING TO SCAM ME. SHE HAS BEEN SEPARATED FOR MANY YEARS, AND HAS A TEENAGE DAUGHTER. WE WANT TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A GOOD LIFE HERE IN THE US, BUT HER COUNTRY IS CATHOLIC, AND THEY DO NOT GET DIVORCES THERE. HOW CAN I GET HER AND HER DAUGHTER HERE PERMANENTLY? WE WANT TO GET MARRIED, BUT WE WILL JUST SETTLE FOR BEING TOGETHER FOREVER IF WE HAVE TO. THE LAWS ARE SO CONFUSING, AND NEITHER OF US HAS A LOT OF MONEY, BUT WE CAN AFFORD TO LIVE COMFORTABLY, IF WE CAN JUST FIND A WAY TO GET HER HERE.

PLEASE HELP!
JEFFREY13.
JEFFREY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE USA?

The marriage can be annulled or if she gets here she can eventually divorce here.

She can visit firstly on a tourist visa but cannot be coming with the intent to marry.

You can apply for a fiancee visa but you two should have met and spent time together first.

World Law's lawyers could also probably intervene and help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:50 PM   #3

WHAT IF I COULD FIND A WAY TO GET HER HERE ON A WORK VISA? HOW LONG IS A WORK VISA STAY, FOR? IS IT EXPENSIVE, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? AND WHAT HAS TO BE DONE ON EACH OF OUR ENDS?? SHE WANTS TO COME FIRST, AND SEE IF IT'S SAFE TO SEND FOR HER DAUGHTER. AND I UNDERSTAND THAT. SO CAN SHE APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE AFTER GETS HERE ON A WORK VISA? SO MANY QUESTIONS! SO FEW ANSWERS!

JEFFREY13.

Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:06 AM   #4
Unregistered

You could try an exchange visa--J visa if you can find a program. Many many choices exist.

Or yes an H1B can work but it is harder and harder to get these days.

World Law's lawyers could also probably intervene and help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.

Old Feb 7th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #5

Smile re: HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE USA?

OK, I THINK I'VE NARROWED THINGS DOWN TO APPLYING FOR A TOURIST VISA, JUST TO GET HER HERE SO WE CAN BE TOGETHER FOR NOW. WHAT ABOUT THE INVITATION? HOW DO I PREPARE THAT? AND DO I NEED LEGAL ASSISTANCE TO DO SO? AND IS IT EXPENSIVE? (THE TOURIST VISA) AND CAN WE APPLY FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF VISA ONCE SHE GETS HERE TO EXTENT HER STAY? WE WANT TO GET MARRIED ASAP, BUT THERE'S THAT ANNULMENT THING HANGING OVER OUR HEADS. AS STATED BEFORE, NEITHER OF US HAVE MUCH MONEY, BUT WE DO OK, ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS. I CAN SUPPORT HER ONCE SHE GETS HERE AND IS ABLE TO WORK, BUT JUST COMING UP WITH A LUMP SUM FOR THE VISA MIGHT BE TUFF, SO I'M WONDERING ABOUT THE COST OF THAT??

JEFFREY13.

UPDATE: WE NOW HAVE SOME MONEY SAVED UP BETWEEN EACH OF US. WE'RE GOING FOR THE TOURIST VISA. NOW I NEED INFO ABOUT HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTING THINGS STARTED...HOW TO PROPERLY PREPARE AND SEND INVITATION, AND ALSO GENERAL IDEA OF COST, AND HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO BE APPROVED. AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH OF US?? VERY EAGER TO GET THINGS UNDERWAY!! ALL INPUT VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

DO I SEND THE INVITATION LETTER TO HER, THE EMBASSY THERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, OR TO BOTH?? AND DO I SEND ONE TO THE EMBASSY HERE AS WELL??

Last edited by JEFFREY13; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 07:56 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Old Aug 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #6
Unregistered

Default Re: HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE USA?

do not forget about the 30,60,90 day rule ok

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #7
Princeuchenna

Am Happy for them I myself i need a lady from USA i want to marry am really serious about it ok you can send me message on mu E-mail adderss ominipotent1@yahoomcom ok thanks

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #8
Unregistered

Am Happy for them I myself i need a lady from USA i want to marry am really serious about it ok you can send me message on mu E-mail adderss ominipotent1@yahoo.com ok thanks luv U!

Old Aug 9th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #9
Princeuchenna

Am Happy for them I myself i need a lady from USA i want to marry am really serious about it ok you can send me message on mu E-mail adderss ominipotent1@yahoo.com ok thanks love you

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 01:37 AM   #10
Unregistered

Default Re: HOW DO I GET MY GIRLFRIEND TO THE USA?

Jeffrey, I'm in a similar situation and would like to know more about how the petitioning for a tourist visa works. My gf in Mexico applied for a visa before by herself but was denied one. I'm becoming a US citizen soon and I'm hoping this will allow me to help her obtain a tourist visa so she can come stay with me for a month or two and look for a school or a job for later.
Please share the knowledge!
Not sure if this forum will notify me if you answer here so please just email me to jorge+visa@orpinel.com or perhaps do reply here for the public to see but also please email me
-Jorge

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 7332 times