Change of status from J1 AU PAIR to F1

This is a discussion on Change of status from J1 AU PAIR to F1 within the Other Immigration Law & Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; I have a J1 VISA AU PAIR not subject to the 212E. I applied for a change of status in ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #1

Confused Change of status from J1 AU PAIR to F1

I have a J1 VISA AU PAIR not subject to the 212E. I applied for a change of
status in APRIL of this YEAR and is still pending. However, my MASTER
classes start in AUGUST 21st of this year, therefore if until the end of July I do not have any news from USCIS I would like to go to Portugal, my home country, and change the VISA there. Would this be possible without suffering any kind of penalty? I mean, can the CONSUL say he or she deny my visa because of this? Because I left the country while processing?
My J1 VISA was issued in MAY 14, expires in MAY 14th, with the GRACE MONTH goes until JUNE 14th and after I have more 15 days to leave the country.
maria joana is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share