Forceful Termination/ Volunteer Quit

This is a discussion on Forceful Termination/ Volunteer Quit within the Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; A previous agency where I was working at was practicing unethical practices while I was a trainee. The state came ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #1
oretis's Flag is: United States

EEK! Forceful Termination/ Volunteer Quit

A previous agency where I was working at was practicing unethical practices while I was a trainee. The state came in and sited the agency and impose a sanction against myself & 3 other employees even though two of us where trainee's at the time following the direct protocol of my clinical director & supervisor. This investigation took 2 1/2 years and I left that agency who was practicing unethical practice and started working for a large university. 2years has pass & I was contacted by the agency that governs my license that I was under investigation.I consulted with my current clinical director & supervisor who assisted me to the revision of fair hearing request. 30-45 days went by & the conclusion was that I had 30 days to surrender my license or be subjected to a 3 mth sanction. I informed my employer who later decided to terminate my employment 7 days before I was scheduled to surrender my license. My Employer calls this a forced termination cause I didn't maintain my license. However, they were aware that the agency was under investigation prior to my hire and I was very forthcoming with the status of license. I was denied unemployment & have a fair hearing coming up any day. In addition to this my ex-employer is close friends with the management from previous employer. Which i has since testified against in a another court. I believe that I could been offer a leave of abstinent for 90 days or another position within this very large university. I strongly believe that current manager got rid of me to avoid the " BIG PINK Bird" in the room...They are claiming I quit/ force termination without cause.. Suggestions please in regards to how to present this case???? I been unemployed since.. fighting for my benefits.
oretis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Forceful Termination/ Volunteer Quit

I wish to inform you that it is the terms and conditions stated in your employment contract which will govern in this matter. You may give a written notice to the higher management of your employer stating all the facts. You may request for being adjusted in another post in the University. If the employer does not resolve the matter, you may seek guidance from the local office of the Department of Labor. Alternatively, you may file a lawsuit. You may self represent yourself or you may seek guidance from Legal Aid to reduce the cost of litigation. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Forceful Termination/ Volunteer Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by oretis View Post
A previous agency where I was working at was practicing unethical practices while I was a trainee. The state came in and sited the agency and impose a sanction against myself & 3 other employees even though two of us where trainee's at the time following the direct protocol of my clinical director & supervisor. This investigation took 2 1/2 years and I left that agency who was practicing unethical practice and started working for a large university. 2years has pass & I was contacted by the agency that governs my license that I was under investigation.I consulted with my current clinical director & supervisor who assisted me to the revision of fair hearing request. 30-45 days went by & the conclusion was that I had 30 days to surrender my license or be subjected to a 3 mth sanction. I informed my employer who later decided to terminate my employment 7 days before I was scheduled to surrender my license. My Employer calls this a forced termination cause I didn't maintain my license. However, they were aware that the agency was under investigation prior to my hire and I was very forthcoming with the status of license. I was denied unemployment & have a fair hearing coming up any day. In addition to this my ex-employer is close friends with the management from previous employer. Which i has since testified against in a another court. I believe that I could been offer a leave of abstinent for 90 days or another position within this very large university. I strongly believe that current manager got rid of me to avoid the " BIG PINK Bird" in the room...They are claiming I quit/ force termination without cause.. Suggestions please in regards to how to present this case???? I been unemployed since.. fighting for my benefits.
You need to be represented by a lawyer at the hearing and also to get this blot from your record as well as for your benefits. Your benefits pale in light of the impact being connected with the previous scam outfit is having on your career. You need to regain your license.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1319 times