WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination > Outstanding arrest warrant found during pre-employment background checks.

Outstanding arrest warrant found during pre-employment background checks.

This is a discussion on Outstanding arrest warrant found during pre-employment background checks. within the Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; Temporary employment agency (Randstad, Irving TX) directed me to an internet address where I completed pre-employment, consumer background-check screens; which ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Bookcase Betty's Flag is: United States

Confused Outstanding arrest warrant found during pre-employment background checks.

Temporary employment agency (Randstad, Irving TX) directed me to an internet address where I completed pre-employment, consumer background-check screens; which sent me to Star Advantage (Dallas) to submit my fingerprints for another check. Client company (Wells Fargo) will review resulting information, and tell temp agency whether or not I have been approved for a McJob, in a warehouse in Irving.
If my outstanding arrest warrant for failure to appear for my DWI court case date in New York, in 2004, is discovered by any of the above businesses--are any of them required to rat me out to the cops?
Bookcase Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Outstanding arrest warrant found during pre-employment background checks.

There is no 'requirement' that a prospective employer 'rat one out' for an outstanding arrest warrant. That being said, if you are on the FBI's Most Wanted List or the arrest warrant is for suspected serial murder, there is a good likelihood that a conscientious citizen at the prospective employer may just pick up the phone and tell where you are.

If the warrant is for something short of homicide, grand theft of a whole potful of money, arson at your last place of employment, it is not likely that someone in Human Services will point the laser to your address. Further, in order for the NY warrant to get you hauled back to their state, you would have to be extradited from the Lone Star state. Unless the alleged crime is a major felony, it is not likely that even if arrested you would be transported back to NY for extradition needs to be done between governors offices and the requesting state would have to pay for your transport.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Outstanding arrest warrant found during pre-employment background checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend In Court View Post
There is no 'requirement' that a prospective employer 'rat one out' for an outstanding arrest warrant. That being said, if you are on the FBI's Most Wanted List or the arrest warrant is for suspected serial murder, there is a good likelihood that a conscientious citizen at the prospective employer may just pick up the phone and tell where you are.

If the warrant is for something short of homicide, grand theft of a whole potful of money, arson at your last place of employment, it is not likely that someone in Human Services will point the laser to your address. Further, in order for the NY warrant to get you hauled back to their state, you would have to be extradited from the Lone Star state. Unless the alleged crime is a major felony, it is not likely that even if arrested you would be transported back to NY for extradition needs to be done between governors offices and the requesting state would have to pay for your transport.
Actually, upon discovering a prospective employee is under warrant for arrest, the employer is duty bound to report the whereabouts of the subject in question. A bank would certainly but under moral and possibly even legal duty to report the offender to the proper authorities.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Actually, upon discovering a prospective employee is under warrant for arrest, the employer is duty bound to report the whereabouts of the subject in question. A bank would certainly be under moral and possibly even legal duty to report the offender to the proper authorities.
.typo.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 3943 times