Termination - American company in Egypt

This is a discussion on Termination - American company in Egypt within the Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; Dear Sir, I live in Saudi Arabia but i am Egyptian, please read carefully my problem : i was working ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #1

Default Termination - American company in Egypt

Dear Sir,
I live in Saudi Arabia but i am Egyptian, please read carefully my problem :
i was working under the name of an international American company in Egypt then the company transfered me to work with their agent in Saudi.It supposed that i follow the American Laws upon the company policy.
I did something against the credo of the company , i did not know it was against the Credo so i did this problem with good intention
A big committee from the company came from the EMEA in England and investigated me and they found that i did that in a good intention i thought that i will help the company.
After 2 weeks i received a termination letter from the agency not from the company that upon the Mother company manager decision i have been terminated.
they didn't give me any compensation although they know that i have my family and Saudi Arabia is not my home and to find another job it takes a long time.
Also they refused to give my bonus. as i deserved an incentive as i achieved my target of 2009 of sales
So as you have a huge experience in such these problems what can i do?
if i make this as a case and i go to the court shall i take a compensation, As what they did is against the human rights and discrimination .
hamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Termination - American company in Egypt

You should probably also discuss this privately with the lawyers here or somewhere.

If the company found you engaged in wrongful conduct, even if you did so without intent, they can fire you instantly and without further compensation. But that is a high hurdle for them to overcome if what you did is not clearly wrongful.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #3
Unregistered

Also did you have a labor agreement/contract?

Old Apr 21st, 2010, 08:21 PM   #4

No I don't have a labor contract from the US.
The situation in Saudi is quite bit difficult as my contract with the subordinate but the employer is the US company.
hamid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 21st, 2010, 10:59 PM   #5
Unregistered

You admit something was done wrongly--that normally is enough to fire even if you did it by accident or without bad intent.

Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Unregistered

It would seem they could fire you based on what you say here.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1250 times