I was fired because of my age - I am 72.

This is a discussion on I was fired because of my age - I am 72. within the Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; I was employed by a firm as a medical transcriptionist. I was fired because of my age - I am ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default I was fired because of my age - I am 72.

I was employed by a firm as a medical transcriptionist. I was fired because of my age - I am 72. EEOC said I could sue
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: I was fired because of my age - I am 72.

I wish to inform you that the act of your employer is violative and an action may be taken against your employer. In this, the action of the employer shows policy of discrimination with persons who are older then 40 years. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) prohibits discrimination solely based upon the age of a person. If your employer has terminated you just because of your age then the action of your employer is not correct and your termination can be justified only when your employer shows some other reason.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 6th, 2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: I was fired because of my age - I am 72.

What proof do you have that you were fired due to your age? Did they actually come out and tell you that is the reason you were being fired? If so, you do have an age discrimination claim.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1745 times