Terminated while on Disability - Georgia

This is a discussion on Terminated while on Disability - Georgia within the Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; Melony, Georgia - I am (was) on short-term disability and told long-term disability was to start in a few days. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Terminated while on Disability - Georgia

Melony, Georgia - I am (was) on short-term disability and told long-term disability was to start in a few days. Then I got a letter saying I was terminated for not returning to work on the same day my long-term started. Then I think well they must not talk to each other, so I will be ok, today I got a check for the 3 days of the week the Long-term started and ended. So is this right, can they do that?
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jan 27th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: Terminated while on Disability - Georgia

In this I wish to inform you that the employer can terminate you however if your organization is having more than 50 employees then your organization gets covered with FMLA and therefore you cannot be terminated like this. You can take up the case with the local state labor board. In Georgia it is unlawful to terminate employee while on leave under FMLA. For an employee to be eligible for FMLA benefit the employee must have worked for employer for 12 months and he must have worked for 1250 hours within the previous 12 months.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: Terminated while on Disability - Georgia

Double post. See your other thread.

Fired while on Medical Leave

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
disibility, long-term