WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW > Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination > Defamation of character: The boss is telling the other employess that I was a theif

Defamation of character: The boss is telling the other employess that I was a theif

This is a discussion on Defamation of character: The boss is telling the other employess that I was a theif within the Hiring, Firing, Wrongful Termination forum, part of the LABOR & EMPLOYMENT LAW category; An incident happened two years ago but I just found out today that my character was defamed because the boss ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #1

Default Defamation of character: The boss is telling the other employess that I was a theif

An incident happened two years ago but I just found out today that my character was defamed because the boss is telling the other employess that I was a theif and I stole from her and she filed a police report about me. What can i do about this ? Can I sue her and the company ?
vickie60lady@sbcglob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #2
Top Level Member
sunlover's Flag is: United States

Default re: Defamation of character: The boss is telling the other employess that I was a theif

Was there an actual accusation or report taken? This is important
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM   #3

Default re: Defamation of character: The boss is telling the other employess that I was a theif

yes, there was an actual report with the police department.
vickie60lady@sbcglob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Unregistered

Has it caused you to be turned down for employment or fired from another job? If so, you may have a case. If not, then no.

Do you have a copy of the police report? It's odd you haven't heard anything regarding this report in two years.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1868 times