should i get married? (h2b visa)

This is a discussion on should i get married? (h2b visa) within the H-1B Worker Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; HI, My problem is the following. I have been working this last summer with an h2b visa. This visa and ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 7th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #1

Confused should i get married? (h2b visa)

HI,

My problem is the following. I have been working this last summer with an h2b visa. This visa and my i94 expired on the 30th of september. By then i have talked to my employer attorneys in order to get a new h2b visa.
I was waiting for an answer from the uscis till i received a letter from this entity saying that on september 10th there was a petition on my name for a I129 and in octover 25th another petition for a withrowal. This last witrowal petition has been approved.
Then my lawyer called me asking me if I was the one who filed those papers because there were not them. Of course it was not me, and for what i assume they made a mistake.
Now, the problem is that i am ilegal. I cannot start working at my job either.
Would getting married right now, getting the wedding license and the certificate that says i am married help in this situation?
please help.

maria
mariainesmoujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: should i get married? (h2b visa)

see your other post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default re: should i get married? (h2b visa)

IF YOUR AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRant it would help but dont run and get married their are consequences especially just getting married to someone for those reasons .Do u know the person your wanting to marry???

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2401 times