Can I sue a court system and also a sheriff's office

This is a discussion on Can I sue a court system and also a sheriff's office within the Government & Administrative Law forum, part of the OTHER LEGAL ISSUES category; I wanted to know can i sue a court system and also a sheriff's office for 1.)Making False Accusations 2.)False ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 1st, 2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Can I sue a court system and also a sheriff's office

I wanted to know can i sue a court system and also a sheriff's office for 1.)Making False Accusations 2.)False Imprisonment 3.)Violation of Constitutional Rights 4.) Pain and Suffering 5.) Slandering my Name
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Apr 2nd, 2010, 03:40 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can I sue a court system and also a sheriff's office

I wish to inform you that a court system or sheriff's office can claim sovereign immunity. In this, the immunity is provided to cover official acts of the persons involved. However, if damage has been caused to you by acts of the person which are not official they may not be covered. The application of sovereign immunity depends upon state to state.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 4th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I sue a court system and also a sheriff's office

It is very difficult to do and available only in the most extreme situations.

But not impossible/

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 3532 times