WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Family-Sponsored Visas > DEPORTED. I would like to come back to the USA... What are the steps?

DEPORTED. I would like to come back to the USA... What are the steps?

This is a discussion on DEPORTED. I would like to come back to the USA... What are the steps? within the Family-Sponsored Visas forum, part of the IMMIGRATION LAW category; I was deported 8 years ago for an aggravated felony after i had lived in the US for 21 years. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy DEPORTED. I would like to come back to the USA... What are the steps?

I was deported 8 years ago for an aggravated felony after i had lived in the US for 21 years. manslaughter 1 but in my report it shows that i tried to stop it but didn't report it. Since being in panama, i have not been in any kind of trouble, graduated from an American university here in Panama, own a business for the last 5 years and have kept a steady work employment. i have 2 American kids and my father is 88 years old. his health is deteriorating and would like to be able to see him and be with him in these few years that are left in him.

My son's mom and I have talked about getting back together and getting married. right now my mom is American and has filed an I-130 and we are at the part of filing the affidavit of support papers. what i would like to know is would getting married be a better choice? or given my circumstances i would most likely be denied? what are my chances? what are my options after that?
What are the steps that i have to complete to be able to apply to come back home?

Please your help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Criminal law issues? Contact leading defense lawyers now! Free immediate consultation!
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: DEPORTED. I would like to come back to the USA... What are the steps?

hey i just read about your deportation case and it sounds interesting. i also got one kid in the states im colombian and i have son with a puerto rican mom.im in colombia right now and im also trying to go backt to the states.hey supposively what the ins attorney told was to maintain a clean record for over 10 years then show that you worked and been out of trouble you have to send a letter saying that your sorry and show proof that you have 2 american kids and the situation with your father.get an ins attorney to help you out but before you doit i advice you to look up immigration laws and legistaion to see if things change with this new president thats what im trying to do cause i really whant to go back all my family is in the states if anything i can help you out or you can help me out my name is leonardo serna my e mail is jazz21colombia@hotmail.com

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Unregistered

Confused re: DEPORTED. I would like to come back to the USA... What are the steps?

Hey Leonardo to whom do you have to asked for pardon or to whom you send prove that you have been a good citizen and a working family member???

I'm really intrested beacuse I'm a Mexican that was convicted long time ago in drug related charges but now I'm a hard worker with a great income job but need to get across to the U.S. do to my job, if possible for you to send information, my name is FABIAN and my e-mail is fabian.juan@live.com.

THANKS!!!

Old May 29th, 2012, 12:29 AM   #4
calgaryimmigrat's Flag is: Canada

Location: Suite 2600. 144-4th Avenue SW Calgary Alberta Ca / Canada

View Member's Twitter Profile
Default re: DEPORTED. I would like to come back to the USA... What are the steps?

maybe you can start in fixing the legal papers needed
calgaryimmigrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

In any case where there has been a deportation and one wants to re enter the U.S., seeking out a U.S. Immigration lawyer is the only answer one should give.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

Tags
deportation, felony, fiancee visa, k1 visa

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 3624 times