lawsuit against husbands mistress

This is a discussion on lawsuit against husbands mistress within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; can I file a alianation of affection law suit against the women that my husband had a affair with that ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy lawsuit against husbands mistress

can I file a alianation of affection law suit against the women that my husband had a affair with that caused my 21 year marriage to break up?It has almost destroyed my life and also my childrens lives. They almost drove me to a nervous breakdown.
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:31 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: lawsuit against husbands mistress

such suits are very hard to bring and win these days--the courts do not want to get involved with every break-up; still if there is a pattern of deceptive and malicious behavior (as may exist here) awards can sometimes occur--and often there are related or similar causes of action that can be filed in connection with the malicious conduct. Even the threat of such suits is sometimes enough to get parties to compromise on various issues.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #3
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: lawsuit against husbands mistress

I live in Pennsylvania. What type of lawyer should I seek that handles these type of cases. I am very serious about this. There should be some type of punishment for these type of women.

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Unregistered

Nobody really will take those cases these days...

Old Jan 28th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #5
Unregistered

thank you.

Old Jan 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Unregistered

The courts do not want to get involved with every break-up; still if there is a pattern of deceptive and malicious behavior awards can sometimes occur; recent damages awards have normally not been large and usually involve acts or events based in part on other criminal law statutes like trespass, invasion of privacy, theft of data or items, harassment etc. Often there are related or similar causes of action that can be filed in connection with these kinds of malicious conduct.

World Law's lawyers could also probably intervene and help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.

Old Mar 15th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Unregistered

Confused Re: lawsuit against husbands mistress

I live in New York I was married to my husban for 91/2 years, lived with him for 6 years before we got married. I had six (6) miscarriage. My husband had an affair than he ask me for a divorce because he had a baby with his mistress. Then he moved in the same complex that I live in. Can I file for an lawsuit agaist the mistress.

Old Dec 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #8
Unregistered

If they made a punishment against women or men, knowingly getting involved in a legal committed relationship that has a contract attached to it (marriage contract, prenuptial contract, or even a palimony contract,) these are legal documents and anyone involved in breaking this contract or causing distress to the contract should have legal responsibilities and be accountable. If not, then the contracts that have been entered should not be legal or up-held in the court of law.

If these persons are not held accountable for there actions (because this is wrong) what is this going to tell our children, that it is OK for our children to be cheated on and hurt and the ones that have hurt you will not have to take responsibility for hurting you and makes it OK to keep hurting others.

All you Attorneys, you have the power to change all this and make it better for your daughters or sons.
unless your OK with someone hurting them. It is really no different than being RAPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: lawsuit against husbands mistress

I agree with the person that says our laws need to change regarding marraige. I'm sure it was a man or men that ruled for no fault on divorces because men are the primary reason marriages fail. Marriage is a binding 'contract' in the eyes of God but also in our society. Vows, promises, contractual agreements are made to be faithful, honest, true, etc.. in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part. If someone comes in and has an affair with your spouse, that person should be liable for intentionally causing the spouse to break that contract but the SPOUSE should be liable as they are the one who actually broke the contract. I jury should decide the fate of all assets, etc.. based on the contractual agreement and it should not be considered a 'no fault' divorce.

I have been married for 13 years. My husband cheated on me 3 times before it all came out at once. He had numerous internet 'connections', was blackmailed by one of the women for 2 years before I found out about it, and had done so many other deceitful, horrific things during that time that I have been diagnosed with PTSD because of him. These were not simply affairs but lasted for several years, all the time covering a lie with a lie. I had a great paying job, a fabulous home and a life that I gave up to marry him. During this marriage I was able to get him to 5 different counselors. It's not like I didn't try everything to make the marriage work.. he had the problems not me..

So how is this a 'no-fault'? It IS his fault the marriage had these problems, it IS his fault that I am now in the state of emotional, mental, physical that I'm in. It is clearly HIS fault. HE broke the contract and should be the one who pays restitution. It's not fair to us women who get married, stay home to have children and raise them and then get dumped or mis-treated because he can't keep it in his pants!

Old Dec 29th, 2010, 08:04 PM   #10
Unregistered

By the way, when one of his mistresses was confronted about the affair, she said she didn't care that he was married.. he was great in bed and that's all she wanted. So she should be held accountable for her actions of enticing him into the relationship knowing she was destroying a binding contract. Maybe if the law actually placed a punishment for this type of 'crime', there would be less divorces, less 'quickie' marriages, less affairs and less babies being born from the mistresses. Wow! Imagine.. thou shalt not commit adultery. hmmm guess HE had the law right all the time afterall!

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 21 replies and has been viewed 10354 times