Marriage between Uncle and Niece

This is a discussion on Marriage between Uncle and Niece within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Thats just wrong in all gods eyes i dont care about your background....

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #71
Unregistered

Default re: Marriage between Uncle and Niece

Thats just wrong in all gods eyes i dont care about your background.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM   #72
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thats just wrong in all gods eyes i dont care about your background.
That's just your own point of view.

"in all gods eyes"? So there is more than one god? Or do you mean god has more than two eyes?

Old Feb 21st, 2011, 12:18 AM   #73
Unregistered

Question Some genetics you guys....

Using logic, that would mean your wife to be is your half niece. and that makes you her half uncle. Half siblings only share 1/4 of the same geneology. first cousins are rated at 1/8, and that's legal in a great number of states. You and your beloved are rated at the same as first cousins 1/8, so if marriage is not allowed between you two, bring a genetics expert with you two to court. or you could pay me to write out the formula of how i came to that number. your choice.

Old Mar 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #74
txsue's Flag is: United States

Quote:
i am 31 yrs old single man and she is 23 and we both want to marry each other but the problem is our relationship is of uncle and niece as she is daughter of my half sister. Is it possible anywhere in the world to let us marry legally? is there any other way we can live like husband and wife? pls. help i am in a great fix.....
Hi my name is TXSue and I have the same problem. I live NC. and dont know where we can get married some people say LA. but still checking but just writing to say I feel your problem so hang in there.
txsue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 5th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #75
Unregistered

Unhappy re: Marriage between Uncle and Niece

I am so happy there is people out there in the same situation i am in, myself and my uncle are real blood relatives and i have always felt something for him. We have a really special bond with each other, we are soal mates. We like everything the same and agree on everything an i have never met anyone quite like him. I have had thoughts about us being together before but i new nothing would ever happen as he has his own family and children to love. Recently he and his girlfriend have been falling out and he always comes to me to get away from everything to sort his head out in a way. He knows he can always come to me as i am always on his side and understand everything he says which other people dont. Anyways ill cut to the chase, we slept together and we got caught by his sister (my mother) and she ended up phoning the police on him. She says am not allowed to see him again and its killing me inside, i really dont no what to do anymore as there is a hollow part of me not being filled anymore. I heard he wants to see me but he cant whilst he is on bail but i do hope i get to see him soon.

i do know that this is all wrong but you cant help who you fall in love with, everyone should know this!
thanks to all you people who have gave me a little bit of courage as i know im not the only one.

Thankyou

Old Apr 17th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #76
welgormme

just wantd to add my 2 cents worth. there are alot of people here in uncle-niece relationships or desirig to be. i am in one with my half niece and we have been together for over 5 years. we live in the USA. we are genetically the same as first cousins which is legal in our state and many other states yet half uncle-half niece marriage is illegal. why??? it is not b/c of birth defects. if that were why then first cousin marriages would be illegal AND women over 40 would not be allowed to have children because their risk for birth defects is the same as for first cousins. yes u have to consider two ppl who carry a gene for a birth defect might have affected children but tat is true for unrelated people too. the difference is you dont know unless you dig into the persons history. should it be illegal for two unrelated people to marry if they both carry genes for a horrible disease??? no...

i understand the frustration ppl are going thru with the laws and having to hide it. there is nothing immoral about marrying your first cousin or uncle or niece. read leviticus 18, it does not forbid uncle-niece relationships. it amazes me two men can get "married" but a half uncle and half niece can not. i'm sure if the laws were changed 1000's of people would come out of the woodwork and admit their uncle-niece relationships. i want to see more ppl speak up and tell their stories to get attention on tihs isuee.

Old May 6th, 2011, 04:08 AM   #77
Unregistered

Smile re: Marriage between Uncle and Niece

If you want to know the Bible's view on the matter. Read Leviticus laws it says who your not allowed to see naked. There is a big list and your niece is not in it therefore accourding to the laws your allowed to see your niece naked and your allowed to marry her.

Old May 7th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #78
Unregistered

Quote:
If you want to know the Bible's view on the matter. Read Leviticus laws it says who your not allowed to see naked. There is a big list and your niece is not in it therefore accourding to the laws your allowed to see your niece naked and your allowed to marry her.
The bible is not the law.

Further, the bible was written by man. Not by some supernatural "god". It has been translated and interpreted millions of times over and is not a reliable source for any actual logic based decision.

Please stop using the bible to wax legalities.

Old May 14th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #79
Unregistered

I, like so many others on this forum, am in love with my half-niece (my half-sister's daughter). We have loved each other for years but only recently consumated our relationship. Researching the Internet, it seems Australia or Canada may be the only 2 English speaking countries where we could legally marry. Since we are not Jewish nor tribal in any way, the state laws in the U.S. are muddled and confusing. With links provided by Cousin Marriage Resources, and this forum, I have been able to glean the following:
  • Any state which does not specify half-blood as permitted, should be assumed as not permitted, since you can't legally assume something is permitted.
  • Many states use degrees of consanguinity or kindred (kinship), which usually negates any chance of being permitted as these go as far as 4th degree.
  • Many states allow first cousin marriages, and North Carolina seems to be one of them. Their definition would also include half-uncles and half-nieces, but they are not called out in the definition:

51‑3. Want of capacity; void and voidable marriages.
All marriages between any two persons nearer of kin than first cousins, or between double first cousins, shall be void.
51‑4. Prohibited degrees of kinship.

When the degree of kinship is estimated with a view to ascertain the right of kinspeople to marry, the half‑blood shall be counted as the whole‑blood: Provided, that nothing herein contained shall be so construed as to invalidate any marriage heretofore contracted in case where by counting the half‑blood as the whole‑blood the persons contracting such marriage would be nearer of kin than first cousins; but in every such case the kinship shall be ascertained by counting relations of the half‑blood as being only half so near kin as those of the same degree of the whole‑blood
GS_51-4

CAN ANYBODY HERE UNDERSTAND THAT ???

14‑178. Incest.
(a) Offense. – A person commits the offense of incest if the person engages in carnal intercourse with the person's (iv) uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece.
(b) Punishment and Sentencing. –
(3) In all other cases of incest, the parties are guilty of a Class F felony.

- Alabama law specifically states: Section 13A-13-3 Incest.

(a) A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately: (4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

- Louisiana law specifically states: Art. 90. Impediments of relationship.

The following persons, whether legitimate or illegitimate, may not contract marriage with each other:
Ascendants and descendants. Collaterals within the fourth degree, whether of the whole or of the half blood.
78. Incest C. This Section shall not apply where one, not a resident of this state at the time of the celebration of his marriage, shall have contracted a marriage lawful at the place of celebration and shall thereafter have removed to this state.
***However, if you are already married from another state (or country?), you may live in Louisiana as husband and wife?

- Florida is one of those states which is ambiguous: 741.21 Incestuous marriages prohibited.

A man may not marry any woman to whom he is related by lineal consanguinity, nor his sister, nor his aunt, nor his niece. A woman may not marry any man to whom she is related by lineal consanguinity, nor her brother, nor her uncle, nor her nephew.
826.04 Incest.--Whoever knowingly marries or has sexual intercourse with a person to whom he or she is related by lineal consanguinity, or a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece, commits incest, which constitutes a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in [...]

- Georgia is also as ambiguous as Florida, but the penalty is much more severe:

19-3-3 G (a) Any person who marries a person to whom he knows he is related, either by blood or by marriage, as follows: (6) Uncle and niece shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than three years.
16-6-22. (a) A person commits the offense of incest when he engages in sexual intercourse with a person to whom he knows he is related either by blood or by marriage as follows: (6) Uncle and niece. (b) A person convicted of the offense of incest shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years.

- Missouri looks like it may be permitted for half-uncle and half-niece. I'm no attorney but here's how it reads:

Marriage 451.020. All marriages between uncles and nieces, aunts and nephews, are presumptively void; and it shall be unlawful for any city, county or state official having authority to issue marriage licenses to issue such marriage licenses to the persons heretofore designated, and any such official who shall issue such licenses to the persons aforesaid knowing such persons to be within the prohibition of this section shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor; and this prohibition shall apply to persons born out of lawful wedlock as well as those in lawful wedlock. It shall be presumed that marriages between persons who lack capacity to enter into a marriage contract are prohibited unless the court having jurisdiction over such persons approves the marriage. Section 451-020 Certain marriages prohibited--official

Incest. 568.020. 1. A person commits the crime of incest if he marries or purports to marry or engages in sexual intercourse or deviate sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, without regard to legitimacy:
(4) His uncle, aunt, nephew or niece of the whole blood. 2. Incest is a class D felony.
CHAPTER 568

- Pennsylvania is another state with confusing information:

23 Pa.C.S.A. 1304 Restrictions on issuance of license:
(e) Marriage to relatives.--No marriage license may be issued to applicants within the prohibited degrees of consanguinity which are as follows:
A man may not marry the sister of his father.
A man may not marry the sister of his mother.
A woman may not marry the brother of her father.
A woman may not marry the brother of her mother.

SO A MAN OR A WOMAN CAN MARRY THEIR NIECE/NEPHEW, BUT CANNOT MARRY THEIR UNCLE/AUNT ???

4302. Incest
A person is guilty of incest, a felony of the second degree, if that person knowingly marries or cohabits or has sexual intercourse with an ancestor or descendant, a brother or sister of the whole or half blood or an uncle, aunt, nephew or niece of the whole blood. The relationships referred to in this section include blood relationships without regard to legitimacy, and relationship of parent and child by adoption.

SO, IT'S NOT PUNISHABLE TO MARRY AN UNCLE, AUNT, NEPHEW OR NIECE ???

www.westlaw.com

Pennsylvania statutes, by far, were the hardest to find.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jun 8th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #80
Unregistered

I am in a similar situation. I didnt ask for this but i didnt run from it. My family knows that me and my uncle had a relationship. They all think i'm a sicko because I love him very much. I never wanted to hurt my family. I know there are other men out there and I could most certainly find one, thats not an issue. I honestly dont know what to do with these feelings I have. However I would never bring a child into our situation. That is truly selfish. I would love to, I want to so badly, to see our love make a beautiful baby. But thats a dream. I just want you to know that I am with you. I dont think you are a sicko and there are others like you out there.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 151 replies and has been viewed 76363 times