I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!

This is a discussion on I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!! within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; well im 15 but i turn 16 in july and my mother use to prevent me from getting my school ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #31

Default Re: I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!

well im 15 but i turn 16 in july and my mother use to prevent me from getting my school work done so that i could babysit her and my step dads children daily. i just transfered to the alternative high school t graduate early, my graduation date is in august or september. i live with my grandmother temporarily to make sure of my graduation. is there any way i could move out at 17 with out in involving the law. oh, i live in in texas.
kaili9208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
Top crime attorneys
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #32
Unregistered

i live in new jersey and im adopted im 17 and wants to move out of my parents house can i ?

Old Jan 27th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #33
Unregistered

Confused Re: I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are even harboring thoughts of killing anyone, you need to seek therapy. You need desperately to vent to someone who can help you sort out all of the emotions and stresses you are enduring right now. It really does help to have someone to talk to, who can give you sound advice on how to cope. These thoughts are not healthy to have, and while I can understand how some people can push that button in you, if you act on it, your life will be over at 17. You will be worse off than your brothers. You will be in prison for the rest of your natural life. The consequences are not worth it. Deadbeat parents are NOT worth it.

Can you stay with gram? Will she take you in?

Homicide and suicide are both permanent solutions to temporary problems. NOBODY is worth going to prison over and NOBODY is worth committing suicide over.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope your gram will let you come stay with her for the remaining year of your life as a minor. That would really be in the best interest of everyone involved.
I have recieved counseling from my school. As for the gram thing no I can't she lives in a trailer with alot of health problem. Currently she is in the hospital. I try everyday to not to fight with them and they just make it where I don't want to be there more. Also my boyfriend has noticed I do try to kill many people and he has been able to talk me out of it several times. I have tried going to afterschool programs and everything but when I go home I go to my room and hide. I cook and clean my house before I do my school work and I also get my younger brother ready for bed and school the next day. It takes me 3 minutes to get dressed due to the fact I have to get my little brother dressed and my mom her clothes after I get her up. I wake up at 6 every morning but Saturday and Sunday due to they won't wake me up cause I will be inraged if I am. I can barely stay awakle during school cause I don't sleep at night. I have recently talk to my boyfriend and we have decided to get a apartment and move in with each other this summer. After we go to the coast this summer. I can't wait.

Old Jan 27th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #34
Unregistered

Quote:
im 14 and live in illinois my dad has custody of me . at what age can i make a decision on who i want to live with. i want to live with my mom and step dad.
at age 18. untill then, the court decides.

Old Jan 27th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #35
Unregistered

What do you mean by you do try to kill many people. Do you actually attempt it or are you saying you harbor these thoughts and express them to your boyfriend? It is no way out and not way to go. If you threaten or attempt to kill someone, you can be arrested and imprisoned for that.

Your home life is, indeed, stressful, and unfair to place the burden of parenting onto the child. That appears to have happened. What has your guidance counselor suggested? He/she really should involve Child Protective Services, as it his ethical duty to report your living situation.

Old Feb 5th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #36
Unregistered

Lightbulb Re: I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!

Quote:
What do you mean by you do try to kill many people. Do you actually attempt it or are you saying you harbor these thoughts and express them to your boyfriend? It is no way out and not way to go. If you threaten or attempt to kill someone, you can be arrested and imprisoned for that.

Your home life is, indeed, stressful, and unfair to place the burden of parenting onto the child. That appears to have happened. What has your guidance counselor suggested? He/she really should involve Child Protective Services, as it his ethical duty to report your living situation.
I have attempted once but it was a ex boyfriend and I was drunk. My boyfriend helps me alot with not hurting or trying anything on anyone one. He has learned quickly how to calm me down and how to keep me in control. We both have anger issues and I'm learning everyday more and more how to control them better.

She wants to help me but I wont let cps get involved due to my nephew/brother has been in that situation and I dont want him in the system. I do have somewhere to go but I have to wait till i'm 17 and move in with my boyfriends parents. Then that summer we will be in our own apartment. That is the reason why I need to know if I can move out when I turn 17 without being reported missing and taken to juvie or taken back home to her. I really need to know so that I can make sure that I have somewhere to go if his parents change their minds. They do not like the idea one bit of me moving in while their son and I are in a serious relationship. They have agreed to it but I dont know if they will still allow it..

Old Feb 8th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #37
Unregistered

Smile Re: I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!

In Sc it's 17. the day I turned 17 I moved out and got my own place, with a job and being able to pay my bills they couldnt make me come back, the even called the police

Old Feb 10th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #38
Unregistered

Smile Re: I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!

Yes, you can move out, but you will need a job and safe place to go. Your parents may be able to get the cops involved but if you have a good enough reason to go the cops wont do much. They figure you'll be out in a year any way. I'm moving out soon and asked for advice....oh also make sure you have people to deffend you if the cops need proof, as be able to show that your making an effort to live were your trying to move in to...good luck*

Old Feb 16th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #39
Unregistered

Thumbs Up Re: I NEED TO KNOW THE AGE TO MOVE OUT AT 17!!! ITS AN EMERGENCY!!!

Thank you... I'm working on gettinga job but where i will be moving to I do not live around. My boyfriend lives out of town and I will be moving with him. So I need to look around him so tha i do have a job and I can go in less then two months

Old Feb 16th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #40
Unregistered

It's also inaccurate in that the parents decide, not the courts. The court system was meant to be available when two adults could reach no reasonable agreement regarding parenting and custody.

Correct. Each state has an age for minor children in which they have a voice in court to state which parent they want to live with and why. It may not result in the minor getting their wish, but at least they've had their voice heard.

At 14, this certainly is a distinct possibility. Most states have the age set at 12.

I've learned to recognize that one particular poster and disregard anything it says. Not only would a person be remiss in taking anything an illiterate person has to say, to lack even fundamental educational skills required to effectively communicate clearly indicates the person has absolutely no real knowledge of anything related to law, and as such, such drivel should be dismissed as non-credible.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bookmark & Share

Tags
None

This thread has 163 replies and has been viewed 97815 times