Parental Rights terminated illegally by DFS... Please Help!

This is a discussion on Parental Rights terminated illegally by DFS... Please Help! within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; DFS took my children away on false allegations of drug use. They never let me see them, they never contacted ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #1

Default Parental Rights terminated illegally by DFS... Please Help!

DFS took my children away on false allegations of drug use. They never let me see them, they never contacted me, and when I would go to their office to ask them when court was, they said they would get that information to me in the mail. I never got anything from them in the mail! I never got a chance to go to court because I didn't know when it was! I found out in the newspaper that my parental rights were terminated!! I need to know if there is anything I can do to get my rights back? Can anybody PLEASE help me and my children? Thank You!
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 09:32 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Parental Rights terminated illegally by DFS... Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
DFS took my children away on false allegations of drug use. They never let me see them, they never contacted me, and when I would go to their office to ask them when court was, they said they would get that information to me in the mail. I never got anything from them in the mail! I never got a chance to go to court because I didn't know when it was! I found out in the newspaper that my parental rights were terminated!! I need to know if there is anything I can do to get my rights back? Can anybody PLEASE help me and my children? Thank You!
Get a consult with an attorney in your area who will be able to let you know what your options are. Usually you can get a low cost consult by calling your state's Bar Association for a referral.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 09:58 PM   #3
Unregistered

That really sound very odd--that cannot happen without notice, a court hearing etc.

How is that possible? Were you not calling to see what was happening?

Old Oct 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #4

Yes I was trying to see what was happening but every time I would go in there to see when court was they would tell me they would get that information to me in the mail. They never sent me anything in the mail! I even checked and made sure they had the right address and they did!
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Oct 12th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #5
Unregistered

i have a similar case, my son was taken almost 3 years ago and i've done everything to get him back and they still want to terminate my rights and i'm seeking help as well.

Old Oct 16th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #6
Top Level Member
able1's Flag is: United States

World Law's lawyers could also probably intervene and help resolve this if need be. You may email them on the home page.
able1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 26th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #7
emerald eyes

my childeren where taken in ilegal custody in raken in jordan because i refused an operation so they called it neglet the reason for they were milking medicade they also took my second child to make it as if i was in competent i am in dire of need of help my daughters r being mistreated by the system we recieve no govermental help my daughter is paralized from wait down she is on medicade they were using both insurances this is over greed power and wanting something u cant have we need help contact us at 5739444722 thank u so much i dont want this to happen to other childeren or parents

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Unregistered

You're a liar. It takes at least a year before a petition to terminate rights can be filed. The court would've told you when the court dates
were, had you have actually asked

Old Sep 25th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #9
XMami77X's Flag is: United States

Angry Re: Parental Rights terminated illegally by DFS... Please Help!

I personally know that this is possible of actually happening. Most CPS caseworkers have way to many cases and they don't have the time to actually get involved in the cases the are supposed to be investigating, so the majority of the time they never even try to investigate to find out if the accusations of child abuse is legit, and most of the time their one and only "goal" is to remove the children from the home where the person that has been accused of child abuse lives, whether or not it is true or not they don't have the time to properly investigate each and every case they have, so I have been told by a friend of mine that previously worked for CPS as a investigator that they are to assume that every person that is being accused of the abuse or endangerment of a child, is guilty. Unless it can be proven otherwise within the first 36 hours of the case opening...and if the person being accused is not able to prove that they are not guilty right off the bat then their goal is to remove the children from their custody and they are allowed to close that case and pass it to another caseworker and go on to the next case and to get that done they will do what ever they can to get that case off their hands and started on another ( in my opinion it is almost as if they where receiving some sort of commission for "meeting a weekly or monthly quota") , no matter if it means lying to the courts or withholding information to all parties involved in the case as long as it appears that there job was done correctly and there no one is there to call them out on what they did or didn't do. So do I believe this lady that's saying that she never was notified about court...Heck yes I do because my friend told me how she was rushed by her superiors to get through 75-100 cases a week. She said it got to the point she had to quit her job because she said she said she wasn't able to dedicate the time she needed to thoroughly investigate a case to be able to close the case with a clean conscious! Sad but true....
XMami77X is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 25th, 2014, 11:47 AM   #10
XMami77X's Flag is: United States

I personally know that this is possible of actually happening. Most CPS caseworkers have way to many cases and they don't have the time to actually get involved in the cases the are supposed to be investigating, so the majority of the time they never even try to investigate to find out if the accusations of child abuse is legit, and most of the time their one and only "goal" is to remove the children from the home where the person that has been accused of child abuse lives, whether or not it is true or not they don't have the time to properly investigate each and every case they have, so I have been told by a friend of mine that previously worked for CPS as a investigator that they are to assume that every person that is being accused of the abuse or endangerment of a child, is guilty. Unless it can be proven otherwise within the first 36 hours of the case opening...and if the person being accused is not able to prove that they are not guilty right off the bat then their goal is to remove the children from their custody and they are allowed to close that case and pass it to another caseworker and go on to the next case and to get that done they will do what ever they can to get that case off their hands and started on another ( in my opinion it is almost as if they where receiving some sort of commission for "meeting a weekly or monthly quota") , no matter if it means lying to the courts or withholding information to all parties involved in the case as long as it appears that there job was done correctly and there no one is there to call them out on what they did or didn't do. So do I believe this lady that's saying that she never was notified about court...Heck yes I do because my friend told me how she was rushed by her superiors to get through 75-100 cases a week. She said it got to the point she had to quit her job because she said she said she wasn't able to dedicate the time she needed to thoroughly investigate a case to be able to close the case with a clean conscious! Sad but true...
XMami77X is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 10 replies and has been viewed 2511 times