WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters > Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops)

Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops)

This is a discussion on Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops) within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Texas-- How's it going, I have a question. I'm 17 years old and i want to move-out (Go live with ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #1
alex909209's Flag is: United States

Default Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops)

Texas-- How's it going, I have a question. I'm 17 years old and i want to move-out (Go live with my grandma), and i was wondering if I leave without my parents consent what would happen? I've heard if they called the Cops, they'll just locate me and tell me too tell my parents where I'am and that I'm OK. is that true? Can i leave without getting in trouble with the Cops? I've also heard there's a loophole with the system in Texas. If i did leave, the Cops won't force me to go back home because I'm 17. Nevertheless is that True also?
Thank you,
alex909209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our attorneys have years of experience with positive results in the debt reduction / debt relief field. Click here for more information.
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Top Level Member
goddessoflubboc's Flag is: United States

Default re: Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops)

You are right, they will not make you go back, just make you call home. They would haul you out if you were in a crack house, that kind of thing.

People who post after me will tell you that you must be 18. I not only LIVE in Texas but had dealings regarding my daughter at 17 and they don't get involved.
goddessoflubboc is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 25th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Top Level Member

Default re: Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops)

I would like to inform you that Texas law allows teenagers to move out at age 17 and the parents do not file a runaway report, the parents are responsible for and can be held liable for any legal troubles, medical problems or unpaid bills associated with the teenager until she has reached her 18th birthday.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #4
alex909209's Flag is: United States

Thanks you guys! I appreciate your help. I feel relived!
alex909209 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 10:46 PM   #5
Unregistered

okay im 16 i have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now when i was 15 i ranaway with him up north im from texas and i have lots of problems with my mom i really hate it here at home and my bdays in about 8 months and.i was wondering if i can move out without parental consent my bf is 21 we r engaged and my mom knows about everythingg and also doesnt let me call my dad and grandma really need your feed bacck please helpp!!

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex909209 View Post
Thanks you guys! I appreciate your help. I feel relived!
Did it work for u? Cause I'm 17 and wanna move out?

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #7
Unregistered

I would like to know if I'm living in Texas and I move out at 17, can I register myself at a new school?

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Unregistered

Hey guys I'm 17 years old to but I just turned 17 I want to move out but my parents have yet to know is it possible to legally leave my house to stay with a friend or relative without getting into legal trouble

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops)

Short answer, unless your parents permit it, no.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #10
Unregistered

Default Re: Moving out at 17 in Texas (without getting in trouble with the Cops)

I don't know what answer is true or not but i'm finding out tonight. I will post back on this forum when the cops get called.
- Devilment of souls.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 44 replies and has been viewed 17350 times