What age can I move out of my house in Texas . . . 17?

This is a discussion on What age can I move out of my house in Texas . . . 17? within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Im 16 years old. And was 3 months pregnant. My boyfriend is 18, and was that age when we got ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Stephanie rod's Flag is: United States

Default What age can I move out of my house in Texas . . . 17?

Im 16 years old. And was 3 months pregnant. My boyfriend is 18, and was that age when we got pregnant. My mom made us get an abortion. Or she was going to file a rape charge on the father of my baby so we went threw with the abortion. not my decision at all. If we didnt go threw with the abortion she threatened to push me down the stairs or some how make me lose my baby. So my boyfriend and i went threw with the abortion. After words we thought she would stop treating me bad and calling me rude names. My mom would treat and say things no mom should to there kids. All my friends said she was emotionally abusing me, she constantly tells me she doesnt care how i feel or what i want. being a teen mom and being forced to lose your baby really messes you up. My mom never cared to ask how i felt afterwards. She didnt let my boyfriend come see me as much as she promised he was my only support system. She lets my older sisters call me names and treat me badly. I will be 17 in two months.can i move out?
Stephanie rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 12:32 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: What age can i move out of my house in texas . . . 17?

I wish to inform you that your boyfriend cannot be held liable on the charge of rape because under Title V Sec. 21.11 defense can be taken if the age difference is not more than 3 years. Further you may seek emancipation from court. As at present you are a minor thus you may not leave without your parents wishes and hence you will require emancipation from court if you intend to leave your house.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 10:26 AM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that your boyfriend cannot be held liable on the charge of rape because under Title V Sec. 21.11 defense can be taken if the age difference is not more than 3 years. Further you may seek emancipation from court. As at present you are a minor thus you may not leave without your parents wishes and hence you will require emancipation from court if you intend to leave your house.

AFF
So when i turn 17 may i leave my house and live with my boyfriend and his mom in another county? Since i live in Texas iv seen and researched that i could leave when i was 17 and i just dont want my boyfriend getting in trouble or can my mom even call the cops on him, hes only two years older than me.

Old Nov 9th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: What age can I move out of my house in Texas . . . 17?

can you please send contact me by email: xalyssax13@yahoo.com.
and tell me/ show me where you got your information about moving out at 17? i need to do the same thing and would like the information.

Old Nov 14th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So when i turn 17 may i leave my house and live with my boyfriend and his mom in another county? Since i live in Texas iv seen and researched that i could leave when i was 17 and i just dont want my boyfriend getting in trouble or can my mom even call the cops on him, hes only two years older than me.
. You need to call the police station do not rely on the Internet.

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 5023 times