WORLD Law Direct Forums
Home > WORLD Law Direct Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Other Family Law Matters > Changing my date of birth in the birth certificate (passport has the wrong birthdate)

Changing my date of birth in the birth certificate (passport has the wrong birthdate)

This is a discussion on Changing my date of birth in the birth certificate (passport has the wrong birthdate) within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My Real birthdate is 25.01.1987, however my parents got the birth certificate done which stated that my birthdate is 8.12.1986. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #1
Neha123's Flag is: India

Exclamation Changing my date of birth in the birth certificate (passport has the wrong birthdate)

My Real birthdate is 25.01.1987, however my parents got the birth certificate done which stated that my birthdate is 8.12.1986. because of this all my documents such as school leaving certificate, passport has the wrong birthdate. Is there anyway i can change my birthdate to my real one? Please help!
Neha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Top Level Member
annjd's Flag is: United States

Default re: Changing my date of birth in the birth certificate (passport has the wrong birthdate)

You can file in court, prove the true dates and the court can issue an order correcting all documents. It does happen from time to time.
annjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 07:53 AM   #3
nisha

Default Re: Changing my date of birth in the birth certificate (passport has the wrong birthd

Hi Neha, I am in the same situation as you......all my documents have the same DOB but not the right one. So I need to change all my documents including the birth certificate. Do you have any updates on how to go about it? Please help....

Old Nov 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM   #4
Top Level Member

Default Re: Changing my date of birth in the birth certificate (passport has the wrong birthd

At first you have to change your birth certificate with the help of hospital records. Then based on that certificate you can change all the other documents through the concerned authorities.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 8926 times