Major age differences: I am 17 and currently dating a 24 year old

This is a discussion on Major age differences: I am 17 and currently dating a 24 year old within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; I have a huge question.. i live in texas nd im ready to move out. Im 17 nd in 4 ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM   #1
eca111's Flag is: United States

Default Major age differences: I am 17 and currently dating a 24 year old

I have a huge question.. i live in texas nd im ready to move out. Im 17 nd in 4 months will b turning 18.. im currently dating a 24 year old nd in 2 months he will b turning 25. Im wondering if i can move out with him now.. and have no problems or should i wait? Because im scared of the major age differences itll be a problem!
eca111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Forming an off-shore company? We can assist you in forming your company in 40 countries worldwide.
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: Major age differences: I am 17 and currently dating a 24 year old

I wish to inform you that you may move out at the age of 18 years. In this regard before you have turned 18 years you may not move but after your 18 years you may move out.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by eca111 View Post
I have a huge question.. i live in texas nd im ready to move out. Im 17 nd in 4 months will b turning 18.. im currently dating a 24 year old nd in 2 months he will b turning 25. Im wondering if i can move out with him now.. and have no problems or should i wait? Because im scared of the major age differences itll be a problem!
If you can't wait four more months to move out of your parent's home, you're not mature enough yet to behave like an adult.

You can't move anyway without your parent's permission. Until you turn 18, you're a minor.

As for the age difference, you'll learn this as you age and mature, adult males who go after teeny bopper girls do so because no women their own age will have anything to do with them because the majority of these types of males are losers who've not even tried to make anything of themselves. The teeny bopper girls think it's "cool" to be seen around town with an "older guy". But that "older guy" is just a 6 year old mentally and doesn't want to grow up.

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Unregistered

Wink Re: Major age differences: I am 17 and currently dating a 24 year old

To the person above me, you don't understand anything. I get that in this day and age, parents think everyone is a child molester, but that's far from true. If you want to assume that all teenagers are all on the same level of maturity, then you are an ignorant fool. I'm 16 and I would rather be someone who wants to be with me for me, not just an age. I know a 23 year old female who isn't half as mature as me. She's 20 weeks pregnant and smoking pot, cigarettes, and taking pills. She is selfish and thinks of no one but herself. I take care of me and mine. I'm duel enrolled in college while taking high school classes, and I have a job. I don't smoke, or drink even though it's available. My boyfriend is older then me, and those are the people he knows and once you're in a social group that's who you know. He likes me, because I have my life together better then most girls he knows. So what are you truly saying? You're not a superior person and you don't know everyone's life. So quit assuming things. Daddy always says assuming things makes an ass out of you.

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by eca111 View Post
yes it can be a problem. anyone who sees him do ANYTHING even remotely inappropriate with you can report him to the police, and he could wind up being known as a lifetime sex offender.. my advice is to find someone your own age to date, before your adult bf gets himself in a peck of legal trouble

Old Apr 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #6
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To the person above me, you don't understand anything. I get that in this day and age, parents think everyone is a child molester, but that's far from true. If you want to assume that all teenagers are all on the same level of maturity, then you are an ignorant fool. I'm 16 and I would rather be someone who wants to be with me for me, not just an age. I know a 23 year old female who isn't half as mature as me. She's 20 weeks pregnant and smoking pot, cigarettes, and taking pills. She is selfish and thinks of no one but herself. I take care of me and mine. I'm duel enrolled in college while taking high school classes, and I have a job. I don't smoke, or drink even though it's available. My boyfriend is older then me, and those are the people he knows and once you're in a social group that's who you know. He likes me, because I have my life together better then most girls he knows. So what are you truly saying? You're not a superior person and you don't know everyone's life. So quit assuming things. Daddy always says assuming things makes an ass out of you.
All that needs to be said to the above post is: typical teenager. Teens think they know it all. They know more than the adults who have REAL experience living in the adult world.

You're 16 and you believe you're more "mature" than a 23 year old. Doesn't that prove the point of the poster's comments you took such issue with? The "older guy" in that scenario is going nowhere in life and if he were, he'd be interested in someone his own age.

Let me ask you something little girl. If that 23 year old girl you describe were a guy, would you be interested in him? Would you want to date him? Most "men" that age who go after young girls your age have nothing going for them. True adults want to be involved with other true adults.

One other thing. You might think your more mature than all the adults on this planet, but you are still LEGALLY a minor. That means that your "older" boyfriend cannot use your "maturity" as a defense if your parents were smart enough to press statutory rape charges against him (or threaten to to keep him away from their minor daughter, if they're even remotely good parents).

Nobody here has said that "all teenagers are on the same level of maturity" but what are still not mature enough to comprehend is: ALL teens are MINORS, LEGALLY. That's the point of contention. Not how "mature' you THINK you are.

You have a lot of growing and maturing to do and you may never reach a ripened level of maturity. Many adults live their whole lives but still act immature.

You assume others "don't understand anything". Little girl, we adults understand and have lived life much more than you have. But it's a typical petulant teen statement.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Ahhhh, to be young and stupid again and think I knew it all.

There are a lot of things I'd do much differently if I were 16 again. I wouldn't be thinking I had all the answers and nobody else knew anything like the child above thinks. But then, most teens think that way.

It's the hormones I guess. LOL.

Thanks for the laugh kiddo. :-D

Old Jul 5th, 2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
Well i know exactly what your going through. Im 17 with my 24 year old guy and its hard getting through things but it will work dont worry. And i understand all the adults feeling like its wrong because thats not the way they were raised. We are a different generation and we try an expierence things to the fullest. We might be young and a lil reckless but we wanna be able to say we've lived and had the expierece just like they say. So dont worry about all the comments they post and just be happy cause deep down thats really all that matters(:

Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #9
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Human beings mature and develop at the same rate -- whether the year be 1950 or 2050. A 17-year old and a 24-year old are as different in maturity and knowing what they want as a 7-year old and a 15-year old. A 17-year old girl is pliable, immature, easily impressed by traits that at 21 or 25 she'll look askance at.

As to the guy end of it, the 24-year old looking for a 17-year old, this poster said it best:

If you can't wait four more months to move out of your parent's home, you're not mature enough yet to behave like an adult.

You can't move anyway without your parent's permission. Until you turn 18, you're a minor.

"As for the age difference, you'll learn this as you age and mature, adult males who go after teeny bopper girls do so because no women their own age will have anything to do with them because the majority of these types of males are losers who've not even tried to make anything of themselves. The teeny bopper girls think it's "cool" to be seen around town with an "older guy". But that "older guy" is just a 6 year old mentally and doesn't want to grow up. "
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Well i know exactly what your going through. Im 17 with my 24 year old guy and its hard getting through things but it will work dont worry. And i understand all the adults feeling like its wrong because thats not the way they were raised. We are a different generation and we try an expierence things to the fullest. We might be young and a lil reckless but we wanna be able to say we've lived and had the expierece just like they say. So dont worry about all the comments they post and just be happy cause deep down thats really all that matters(:
No, it has nothing to do with a different generation or "how they were raised". Older men and younger women is not a new phenomenon. Neither is younger men and older women.

Adults have the benefit of experience. You don't (yet).

Be happy until your adult boyfriend/girlfriend gets slapped with a sexual predator lawsuit.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
texas

This thread has 59 replies and has been viewed 16872 times