ABUSE & THEFT BY MOTHER

This is a discussion on ABUSE & THEFT BY MOTHER within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; My father died a month before I was born in 1990, I was entitled to social security checks on my ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Jmlf's Flag is: United States

Exclamation ABUSE & THEFT BY MOTHER

My father died a month before I was born in 1990, I was entitled to social security checks on my fathers behalf but my abusive Mother obtained all the checks and used them for her own luxuries and alcoholism. I dont know if she stopped receiving them once I turned 18 or if she's still receiving them until I turn 21. I wanted to know if I could take her to court for this? I left home on my 18th birthday. I have no proof that she used the money for her drug & alcohol issues as well as luxuries. I don't even know how much the checks that I was supposed to receive are amounted for. I am now 20 years old and have no bank account with money set aside for me because she never gave me a dime nor mentioned to me anything about the checks. If I do take this to court, how will I prove that she didn't give me any of the money???? she is going to lie and pretend she used it for me for cloths, food, housing etc.
Jmlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default re: ABUSE & THEFT BY MOTHER

I wish to inform you that as the Social Security checks were issued for your benefit therefore the amount must have been spent upon you. In this regard you may obtain information regarding checks issued to you from the office of social security from where your checks are coming. Your mother being your guardian must spent the amount for your benefit. This can be known from the fact total amount being spent on you and amount received as social security. You may then claim the amount not spent on you from your mother.

AFF

Last edited by AFFA; Mar 6th, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #3

Default re: ABUSE & THEFT BY MOTHER

So your saying there's nothing I can do. And to anyone that who isn't me, it seems like she must have spent it on me and yes perhaps she used some of the money for groceries along with car payments that she can say was to transpor me around and feed me but it isn't the case. I've had a job since I was 14 (working off the books) which payed for my cloths, my food etc.
She could even still be receiving the checks and I haven't been in contact with her for 2 years now, since I turned 18.

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: ABUSE & THEFT BY MOTHER

your loss dude

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #5

Thumbs Down Re: ABUSE & THEFT BY MOTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
your loss dude
Thanks, I hope u writing that made your day...

Bookmark & Share

Tags
abuse, abusive parent, death law, social security

This thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 890 times