CYS questions... want to know if i can dispute the findings

This is a discussion on CYS questions... want to know if i can dispute the findings within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; sorry for posting in 2 forums but i wasn't sure if i posted in the right one need some help ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:35 PM   #1
padad's Flag is: United States

Default CYS questions... want to know if i can dispute the findings

sorry for posting in 2 forums but i wasn't sure if i posted in the right one

need some help with what i can do, want to know if i can dispute the findings or whatever. i've been googling for 2 days and cant find help. i just wrecked my car and lost my job, so a lawyer isn't really an option

to start from the beginning, my 8 year old wets himself off and on, at school, at home.... it comes and goes. we thought it was under control as he had very few accidents over the summer

anyways, the school nurse waited til the middle of October to let us know that he was doing it once to twice a day everyday since school started in late August. she was changing his clothes daily, but told us she was too busy to call us. (yeah too busy for 6 weeks to make a 30 second phone call)
the meeting we had was on a friday, and i had to junk my car the day before. she called on Monday and when we told her we hadn't made an appointment yet, she called CYS.

we made an appointment with the medical doctor as soon as i got my new car a few days later, they ran tests which were negative and gave him meds which do not help so they referred him to a therapist, we also made and kept those appointments. after the initial investigation, they decided to substantiate medical neglect anyway and now want to do a service plan and tell us how to take care of our kids for the next howmany ever months

they also said that we have a mandatory "interview" for me and my wife.... question with that is, i have a job interview on monday morning that i'm almost guaranteed to get and i would be working M-F 9-5 (or later) can they force me to miss work that could potentially make me lose my job?

i have no problem co-operating with them, if the "demands" dont screw my family over, we already have to go to the Salvation Army for help with utilities due to losing my job.

summary of questions

Can i dispute the Medical Neglect findings and hopefully get them off our back? and if so, how?

if not, can they force me to miss work that could potentially make me lose a new job?

i'm in Beaver County, PA
padad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Doing business in China? Need legal help or advice? Contact our international and Chinese lawyers 24 hours! WORLD Law Direct offers an experienced team of American and Chinese legal professionals.
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default re: CYS questions... want to know if i can dispute the findings

Seriously - you need to do one of two things.

Either obtain an attorney - NOW - or do whatever CYS are telling you to do.

It may seem unfair and/or wrong but honestly they can wield a very mighty sword and if you don't play their game you are at risk of losing your kids.

You really do need to attend the CYS interview. Is there no way you can reschedule the job interview? This IS kind of a family emergency...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:49 PM   #3
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seriously - you need to do one of two things.

Either obtain an attorney - NOW - or do whatever CYS are telling you to do.

It may seem unfair and/or wrong but honestly they can wield a very mighty sword and if you don't play their game you are at risk of losing your kids.

You really do need to attend the CYS interview. Is there no way you can reschedule the job interview? This IS kind of a family emergency...
i've already missed it once so its either make the interview, or not get the job and as i stated we are already hurting for money. X-Mas is already screwed for the kids

its one of few places i can actually get to on the bus out here, public transport sucks in small towns

i guess i got to pray NLSA helps with these types of cases

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 11:56 PM   #4

Quote:
i've already missed it once so its either make the interview, or not get the job and as i stated we are already hurting for money. X-Mas is already screwed for the kids

its one of few places i can actually get to on the bus out here, public transport sucks in small towns

i guess i got to pray NLSA helps with these types of cases
this was my reply, i dont know why it said unregistered.

i guess i'll call NLSA on Monday and hope they take these cases as we have no income as just had to apply for welfare

Thanks for the advice

Old Dec 11th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Unregistered

Default Re: CYS questions... want to know if i can dispute the findings

Quote:
Originally Posted by padad View Post
sorry for posting in 2 forums but i wasn't sure if i posted in the right one

need some help with what i can do, want to know if i can dispute the findings or whatever. i've been googling for 2 days and cant find help. i just wrecked my car and lost my job, so a lawyer isn't really an option

to start from the beginning, my 8 year old wets himself off and on, at school, at home.... it comes and goes. we thought it was under control as he had very few accidents over the summer

anyways, the school nurse waited til the middle of October to let us know that he was doing it once to twice a day everyday since school started in late August. she was changing his clothes daily, but told us she was too busy to call us. (yeah too busy for 6 weeks to make a 30 second phone call)
the meeting we had was on a friday, and i had to junk my car the day before. she called on Monday and when we told her we hadn't made an appointment yet, she called CYS.

we made an appointment with the medical doctor as soon as i got my new car a few days later, they ran tests which were negative and gave him meds which do not help so they referred him to a therapist, we also made and kept those appointments. after the initial investigation, they decided to substantiate medical neglect anyway and now want to do a service plan and tell us how to take care of our kids for the next howmany ever months

they also said that we have a mandatory "interview" for me and my wife.... question with that is, i have a job interview on monday morning that i'm almost guaranteed to get and i would be working M-F 9-5 (or later) can they force me to miss work that could potentially make me lose my job?

i have no problem co-operating with them, if the "demands" dont screw my family over, we already have to go to the Salvation Army for help with utilities due to losing my job.

summary of questions

Can i dispute the Medical Neglect findings and hopefully get them off our back? and if so, how?

if not, can they force me to miss work that could potentially make me lose a new job?

i'm in Beaver County, PA
If you truly did not know about his wetting his pants during school until six weeks after school started, and that the nurse did not alert you of this for all that time, you might have a cause to file a complaint with the school for not informing you of this. But it's odd he'd do that only at school and not at home.

Secondly, you've stated you have a job interview on the same day as the meeting, and you go on to say "you could lose your job" if you don't go to the interview. First of all, no interview is a slam dunk, surefire guarantee so you can't make that assessment. Secondly, you can't "lose" a job you don't even have.

Nobody is "forcing" you to "miss work". Again, you don't have the job and might not even get the job, so please stop referring to it as missing work and losing "your" job.

If you feel that a potential job is more important than possibly losing your kids to foster care, choose the job interview.

It's suspect that you are being charged with "medical neglect" if the nurse waited for six weeks to alert you of what was happening with your son at school.

Old Dec 11th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #6

Default Re: CYS questions... want to know if i can dispute the findings

Quote:
If you truly did not know about his wetting his pants during school until six weeks after school started, and that the nurse did not alert you of this for all that time, you might have a cause to file a complaint with the school for not informing you of this. But it's odd he'd do that only at school and not at home.

Secondly, you've stated you have a job interview on the same day as the meeting, and you go on to say "you could lose your job" if you don't go to the interview. First of all, no interview is a slam dunk, surefire guarantee so you can't make that assessment. Secondly, you can't "lose" a job you don't even have.

Nobody is "forcing" you to "miss work". Again, you don't have the job and might not even get the job, so please stop referring to it as missing work and losing "your" job.

If you feel that a potential job is more important than possibly losing your kids to foster care, choose the job interview.

It's suspect that you are being charged with "medical neglect" if the nurse waited for six weeks to alert you of what was happening with your son at school.
the dean of students was in the meeting with us when the nurse told me that she was too busy to call. so who do i file a complaint with? and the cys investigator completely blew it off when i told her that they didn't notify us for 6 weeks.

and i didnt say the cys interview was the same day as my job interview. i said i have the job interview on monday and will we working 9-5, and it is a "slam dunk", i just have to go pass the drug test.

i'm not trying to be combative, but im stuck between a rock and a hard place. i already stated i am willing to cooperate fully with them as i've done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide. but having to make a 9am cys interview in the next week is going to screw me over. have you ever tried living off of what welfare gives you? if i dont get and keep this job, we're going to be homeless in the snow by February at the latest... then they will take my kids for sure

from my research, i dont think they did find the neglect substantiated because they didn't pull the kids and they would of, i think they are accepting us for General Protection Services.

Anyways, thanks for the input and sorry if i came off as brash....this is very frustrating

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 1977 times