How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?

This is a discussion on How can my babys father sign his parental rights away? within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?

Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?

Parental rights may be terminated either voluntarily or involuntarily. A father's parental rights must always be terminated by a judge. Involuntary termination, a father can sign a paper stating his desire togive up his parental rights. The Court terminates a father's parentalrights involuntarily in case of child abuse. Termination will happen as soon as he gets a court date before a judge. In some cases, a father might continue to be held responsible for supporting his biological child even after he gives up his parental rights.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Top Level Member

I wish to inform you that the laws of the state on the signing away of paternal rights over the child will govern the matter. These laws depend upon the state in which the petition is filed. Generally, the process of a baby's father signing away his paternal rights involves filing a petition to the court. The father will inform the court the reasons why he is signing away the paternal rights. The court will determine all facts including reasons for the father's signing away his paternal right and will then decide the matter. The court will take a decision taking into consideration the best interests of the child. Once the paternal rights have been signed away, the father will not be responsible to pay child support nor will he have any further role in the life of the child.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 30th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #4
Unregistered

Funny how so many people think you can just sign your rights away and abandon a child---

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
unless you have a husband willing to adopt and he agrees. it isnt going to happen. you cant force him to sign his rights away. you cant decide he is good enough to get pregnant by but not good enough to be part of his child's life. if he was that bad you shouldnt have had unprotected sex with him.

Old Dec 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #6
Unregistered

Nobody can answer this accurately without knowing where the poster is actually located.

Old Jan 1st, 2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Unregistered

I really think some people should keep their mouth shut on this subject! I was young when I had my son and have found a wonderful man who treats OUR son like his own!! My child's father is in prison and doesn't want to have anything to do my amazing wonderful son. It's really no ones business why she had unprotected sex with the baby's father, everyone makes mistakes!! My first step would to go to the courthouse and start asking questions there, you will be able to get more accurate answers and not stupid people's opinions! Good Luck

Old Jan 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Unregistered

Quote:
unless you have a husband willing to adopt and he agrees. it isnt going to happen. you cant force him to sign his rights away. you cant decide he is good enough to get pregnant by but not good enough to be part of his child's life. if he was that bad you shouldnt have had unprotected sex with him.
Your a real idiot...do you even have kids? It doesn't seem like it!

Old Mar 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #9
Unregistered

Quote:
You are actually an ass. Situations and people change, regardless of length of time. You need real life experience, maybe not watch so much trashy, stereotypical TV?

Old Mar 30th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #10
Unregistered

There sure are a lot of defensive people responding to simple truth on here lately. Nerves hit too close I guess.

It really doesn't matter how long or short someone is with a person. There is no excuse for unprotected sex. None. Other than the misfortune of being raped and becoming pregnant as a result, no excuse in the world is justifiable.

Bookmark & Share

Tags
sign his parental rights away

This thread has 206 replies and has been viewed 126766 times