How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?

This is a discussion on How can my babys father sign his parental rights away? within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Originally Posted by Unregistered unless you have a husband willing to adopt and he agrees. it isnt going to happen. ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #91
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
unless you have a husband willing to adopt and he agrees. it isnt going to happen. you cant force him to sign his rights away. you cant decide he is good enough to get pregnant by but not good enough to be part of his child's life. if he was that bad you shouldnt have had unprotected sex with him.
All cases are different I didn't choose to get pregnant by my guy n things were kinda ok till his mom found out now he told me to kill it and never speak to him again! I think that's good grounds to say sign your rights away

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Sponsored Links
International Law Issues?
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #92
Unregistered

Angry Re: How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?

I knew my daughters father my whole life growing up. When we were teenagers we made it official. 7 Years later we planned on having a bundle of joy. We were so happy. Well, about after a month after I found out i was pregant it wasnt the same anymore. He lost his job, I went to appts by myself. I worked till the day I had my daughter and went back 20 days later(he still had no job). I didnt even get to bond with my daughter. 2 years later he still has yet to find a job. I was working fulltime and going to nursing school. He would complain about "watching his daughter?" I decided thats it I had enough and so my daughter and I left.

5 Years later the man is where I left him. NO JOB,NO LIFE, and one of many girlfriends supporting him? He dont call our daughter, he doesnt see our daughter, bottom line he makes no attempts. I tried everything. Even bought my daughter a cell phone because that was one of his many excuses on why he wasnt calling(because of me).

The nicer i am, the more disrespectful man is he to me. I dont deserve it and I wont tolerate it. I left him because I didnt want my daughter growing up thinking it was okay for a man to treat a woman the way he treated me. I did the right thing, went thru with nursing, and LoL just graduated Beauty School(master of all trades) Point is I have and always will be her sole provider, MoMMy/DaDDy, I wanna end the story happy and have him terminate his rights. Ive been single ever since I left him, so to have to be "married" is just crazy..I should be able to have the final say, not no judge because at the end of the day the "judge " is not helping with raising my daughter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 03:26 AM   #93
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Default Re: How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?

Quote:
I knew my daughters father my whole life growing up. When we were teenagers we made it official. 7 Years later we planned on having a bundle of joy. We were so happy. Well, about after a month after I found out i was pregant it wasnt the same anymore. He lost his job, I went to appts by myself. I worked till the day I had my daughter and went back 20 days later(he still had no job). I didnt even get to bond with my daughter. 2 years later he still has yet to find a job. I was working fulltime and going to nursing school. He would complain about "watching his daughter?" I decided thats it I had enough and so my daughter and I left.

5 Years later the man is where I left him. NO JOB,NO LIFE, and one of many girlfriends supporting him? He dont call our daughter, he doesnt see our daughter, bottom line he makes no attempts. I tried everything. Even bought my daughter a cell phone because that was one of his many excuses on why he wasnt calling(because of me).

The nicer i am, the more disrespectful man is he to me. I dont deserve it and I wont tolerate it. I left him because I didnt want my daughter growing up thinking it was okay for a man to treat a woman the way he treated me. I did the right thing, went thru with nursing, and LoL just graduated Beauty School(master of all trades) Point is I have and always will be her sole provider, MoMMy/DaDDy, I wanna end the story happy and have him terminate his rights. Ive been single ever since I left him, so to have to be "married" is just crazy..I should be able to have the final say, not no judge because at the end of the day the "judge " is not helping with raising my daughter.
Sorry about all the trials and tribulations you have had, but that is STILL not sufficient reason or justification to terminate the father's rights to parent his child if he so chooses. You don't get the final say because for all the courts know, you may simply be trying to shut the father out of their child's life. The father DOES get a say in the matter if he wants it.

I am unclear from your story whether or not the two of you were married at the time the child was born. If you were, then he is presumed to be the father, and you both have equal rights to custody of your child. If you weren't, then he may need to be DNA-tested in order to establish paternity prior to asserting his parental rights (custody or visitation) if he chooses to do so in the future.

YOU don't get to say that his rights should be terminated. In fact, in many states, they won't terminate one parent's rights unless there is a documented history of abuse or neglect, or unless there is a stepparent (MARRIED to the custodial parent) who is ready and willing to adopt the child. Until that happens, you can live the life you choose, unless and until Dad decides he wants to asserts those parental rights.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #94
newmoyerk's Flag is: United States

I just think is crazy, that a parent chooses to stay away for months and months and yet nothing can be done about it? He shows up when he feels like it, and thats very rare if he does. He dont even know his daughter, her favorite color,fav food, the list can go on and on. I did all I can by helping him see her, to get a 6 year old at the time a cell phone is just crazy, but i was tired of getting the excuse ohh i dont wanna argue.He has called the phone maybe 5 times in over a year. But thats ok. No its not, who does he think he is . He lives carefree with no responsbilities while I work so hard to provide. When shes sick I take her to the doctor, the dentist,u name it I do it all.Im sick of him uprouting our lives. Is this fair? Should I be punished for haveing a baby with a loser?
newmoyerk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM   #95
sandyclaus's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoyerk View Post
I just think is crazy, that a parent chooses to stay away for months and months and yet nothing can be done about it? He shows up when he feels like it, and thats very rare if he does. He dont even know his daughter, her favorite color,fav food, the list can go on and on. I did all I can by helping him see her, to get a 6 year old at the time a cell phone is just crazy, but i was tired of getting the excuse ohh i dont wanna argue.He has called the phone maybe 5 times in over a year. But thats ok. No its not, who does he think he is . He lives carefree with no responsbilities while I work so hard to provide. When shes sick I take her to the doctor, the dentist,u name it I do it all.Im sick of him uprouting our lives. Is this fair? Should I be punished for haveing a baby with a loser?
YOU chose the loser to have the baby with. He was probably a loser to begin with, and you just didn't want to see it. He was charming, adventurous, and a bit irresponsible, but none of that mattered - until you had a child together. YOUR choice, your consequences.

Terminating parental rights is an extreme solution, and not one you get to decide on. Take the man to court, have them order him to pay child support. But you can't force him to want to be in the child's life. That will be his OWN problem, down the line, especially when your child wants to know more about his dad and wants to spend time with him. That won't be your problem if Dad chooses not to be involved.

What you are proposing is to remove ALL possibilities that Dad will one day choose to exercise his rights to parent his child. He may not want that now, but some day down the line, he just might. Put yourself in the same position - would you want someone to tell you that you could NEVER have anything to do with your child ever again, just because the other parent is bearing a grudge against you for your past wrongdoings?

You CAN live your life with the child, separate from Dad as long as he chooses not to be involved, and it doesn't require you to terminate his parental rights to make that happen. And since it doesn't require it, that's the reason why you won't be able to do it.
sandyclaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #96
Unregistered

I also had unprotected sex and was trying w my babys father to conceive our first child after almost 6 years dating 3 engaged to be married. Fast forward to 9 months my sons father kicked and punched in the stomach so hard I almost miscarried. Thats hard at 9 months prego. Never once had he ever seemed violent before. He got mad because I wouldnt have sex w him due to drs advice not too. So mr no unprotected sex? Should i have stayed and continued u to be abused or did u not consider some single moms have damn good reasons for being single mommies. Get over yourself and stop being a jerk.

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #97
Unregistered

Quote:
unless you have a husband willing to adopt and he agrees. it isnt going to happen. you cant force him to sign his rights away. you cant decide he is good enough to get pregnant by but not good enough to be part of his child's life. if he was that bad you shouldnt have had unprotected sex with him.
Thats assanign and childish my ex Husband mind u husband got me pregnant and told me to abort the first five months. U have no right to judge unprotected sex. Or people some guys cant handle being dads and ultimatly put their kids in a bad situation grow up

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #98
Unregistered

i agree...i was 17 when i had my oldest son and 23 with my second son.me and the father was together 11yrs until he chose streets over family. He cleaned up for awhile and now back to his street life which is leadin him to prison. I always said my children will not live the same we he did and that is having a father behind bars, i warned him if he didnt quit the drugs he had no rights to his children any more. We had the right to have unprotected sex since we were engaged for six yrs ...not all people just do it with anyone sometime its famalies

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #99
Unregistered

Angry Re: How can my babys father sign his parental rights away?

Sorry but until a wedding actually takes place, both partners are responsible for practicing safe sex so "mistakes" don't happen.

No unwrapping until the wedding decree is in place. Also, if children were not discussed and agreed to, neither party has any business having unprotected sex.

You may call that "judging" but that's only because you're defensive about being in the situation you're in. The fact is, logic prevails.[/QUOTE]

I have been reading several comments on here and I'm sorry to say this but I have to agree with them. You are being very rude to people..You need to come back down to earth and get off of the clouds sweetie .I don't even know you and I want to slap you but instead I'm going to pray for you!!..I pray that what ever is making you so miserable, that God remove it from your heart...Only God can Judge..You are NOT God and you are not their mother's so stop trying to lecture them..obviously you are a bitter person ( I want to say something else,) trying to make other people miserable along with you. So what they had unprotected sex...who cares..that's between them and God..find something to do with your time other than reading and re-posting people's comment.. If you were such a "saint" than you wouldn't be judging them , you would be praying for them instead..so if this site doesn't involve you then GET THE HECK OFF OF IT!!

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #100
God's Child

Angry DON'T JUDGE PEOPLE UNTIL YOU TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELF FIRST!

To Ms. Anonymous,
If you are that much of a "woman" you wouldn't be afraid to reveal yourself. Secondly, You wouldn't look down on others if you were. Honestly, you look just as stupid commenting over and over and over and over again..You need a hobby, or a job, or a man or possibly a LIFE, if not all !!..

I have been reading several comments on here and I'm sorry to say this but I have to agree with them. You are being very rude to people..You need to come back down to earth and get off of the clouds sweetie .I don't even know you and I want to slap you but instead I'm going to pray for you!!..I pray that what ever is making you so miserable, that God remove it from your heart...Only God can Judge..You are NOT God and you are not their mother's so stop trying to lecture them..obviously you are a bitter person ( I want to say something else,) trying to make other people miserable along with you. So what they had unprotected sex...who cares..that's between them and God..find something to do with your time other than reading and re-posting people's comment.. If you were such a "saint" than you wouldn't be judging them , you would be praying for them instead..so if this site doesn't involve you then GET THE HECK OFF OF IT!!

Bookmark & Share

Tags
sign his parental rights away

This thread has 222 replies and has been viewed 159270 times