No direct or indirect contact order

This is a discussion on No direct or indirect contact order within the Other Family Law Matters forum, part of the FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY category; Washington. Judge ordered no direct or indirect contact order by my friends boyfriend with her children. What would be indirect ...

Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Reply  POST NEW QUESTION

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #1

Default No direct or indirect contact order

Washington. Judge ordered no direct or indirect contact order by my friends boyfriend with her children. What would be indirect contact? Should he be visiting her home when the children are away? Should she share info and pictures with him by text message or in pictures?
Oakey1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Our lawyers can help you avoid foreclosure to salvage your home, buy time to pay mortgage debts, and resolve your financial troubles. Consult Your Own Personal Lawyer Now!
Old Jul 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Top Level Member

Default Re: No direct or indirect contact order

Indirect contact means meeting children when they are going out as if he has accidentally met them but in reality he had purposely met them, calling or sending text messages to children or sending messages through some other person to the children. In this regard your friends boyfriend cannot come at home when she is not at home. When your friend shares information with him then there is no contact with the children and in this her boyfriend can not give messages to children but can only discuss about children with your friend. In this the sharing of message or pictures should be in a manner that those messages or pictures should not come in contact with the children.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old Aug 1st, 2010, 12:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Sounds as if the judge wants NO contact. Not messages coming in or friends saying things--nothing!
olive is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 10:59 AM   #4
Unregistered

The order would seem relatively simple to understand and follow, but apparently not for some.

Both examples (questions) you pose are typical indirect contact violations. The person who file the petition for no contact can have him arrested at any time if he/she that is what is currently going on.

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 12:33 PM   #5
Unregistered

My x boyfriend is on Conditional Bail - he must not contact me directly or indirectly.His profile has appeared in my My Space 'Visitors box' (he is blocked so he can not actually view my profile) My Space gives the option on the 'visitors box' to browse other peoples profiles anonomously,he has chosen not to browse anonomously so my only conclusion is that he Wants me to know he is still watching me, is this regarded as 'indirect contact' ??
Thank you

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #6
Unregistered

That would be considered indirect contact.

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Unregistered

Many thanks for the reply to my question re. viewing on My Space

Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 12:09 AM   #8
Unregistered

I was contacted by an individual online and they inquired about another person. There was a conversation both questions and answers between the two people about this person. Is that considered indirect or direct contact??

Old Nov 27th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #9
Unregistered

why is there no reply. I would also like to know if you talk about the person , is that indirect contact. It shouldn.t be as you are not contacting them in any way
If two people were doing something wrong and you told someone, is that considered indirect contact?

Old Nov 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #10
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakey1926 View Post
Washington. Judge ordered no direct or indirect contact order by my friends boyfriend with her children. What would be indirect contact? Should he be visiting her home when the children are away? Should she share info and pictures with him by text message or in pictures?
NO! That would be direct contact. Indirect contact means contact through third parties. Sometimes people will use a third party to deliver messages.

They need to take the order seriously. The judge who issued it does and meant every word of it.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmark & Share

This thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 5449 times